catherine noon nee obrien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catherine noon nee obrien

Could anyone help me find out what happened to Catherine Noon nee Obrien . She was born in 1886 in Dunbar ,East Lothian , Scotland. She married John William Noon in 1906 in Dunbar. She had two children Minnie and Bessie Nora ,lived in Kinghorn Fife Scotland ,and then seemed to disappear. No trace on Scots People.
    Much obliged for any info.Husband died 1958 Dirleton, East Lothian Scotland
    Julip

Not having much luck.

If you haven't been on Genes there are two different people with William and Bessie in their tree, they may know something.

If you don't belong to Genes pm me and I'll have a look for you

Linda

Comment

Nothing from me either - but it was a quick look before going to work, will look again later, if no one has found her.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Did her husband's death record list her as then deceased? If not, what she the informant of the death? This might help to narrow down her date of death. What about her daughters' marriage records, do they indicate she was deceased? Could she have married again? Maybe the information on her death record is wrong so that is why she isn't coming up in a search on ScotlandsPeople.

Kirsty

Comment

I just had a look at the death record referred to in Dirleton 1958 and the John Wiliam Noon in that is shown as single and the death was reported by a nephew.

If you want to see the image julip I can send by email.
          Margaret

Comment

Here's the marriage and her name is spelled with a K
            1906 NOON JOHN WILLIAM O'BRIEN KATHERINE DUNBAR /EAST LOTHIAN 706/00 0025

Comment

Looking at the Scotland 1911 neither of them are coming up on a search.?!?
              Margaret

PS see my next post
              Last edited by margaretmarch; 23-10-11, 12:05.

Comment

Right in 1911 I have found Catherine Noon age 22 living as a boarder at 15 Silver Street Dunbar she is shown as married for 5 years with 1 child born and still living - so that's her but where is John and the child?

Margaret

Census ref 1911 NOON CATHERINE F 22 DUNBAR /EAST LOTHIAN 706/00 003/00 009
                Last edited by margaretmarch; 23-10-11, 12:10.

Comment

The child Nora Noon is age 3 living with Patrick O'Brien and family at 129 High Street Dunbar.
                  Census Ref 1911 NOON NORA F 3 DUNBAR /EAST LOTHIAN 706/00 004/00 005
                  Margaret
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 23-10-11, 12:10.

Comment

Just had a look at the marriage record and John William is age 17 parents John Henry Noon and Mary Ann Noon nee Dickenson. John William is a Trumpeter in the Royal Artillery.

The death in 1958 for John William Noon age 69 says he was a gunner in the Royal Artillery (retired) parents John Henry Moon and Honora Minnie Noon nee Dickenson!!

So both born 1889, same father, possibly same mother but names not exact match - but details on death record given by nephew - probably same man but need to check further to be sure.

Still doesn't help finding Catherine except it now looks as though they were separated/divorced so a different name for her looks most likely.

Margaret

Comment

Wow , I feel so guilty ,you have all been working very hard . Just back from church and coffee with friends .I will try to answer all your queries. .
                      Linda I would appreciate you looking up genes for me ,I don`t have a sub.
                      Margaret I had the 1911 census , but couldn`t figure out where John and second child was.
                      Would Mary Ann be Minnie for short, one of the children was named Minnie ,real name.?
                      my ain folk,second child was born 1913 Fife. but no trace after that
                      It could be that they were separated or divorced , but couldnt bring her up on scots people remarrying . I found one possible but the parents were not hers.
                      Thanks to you all , I am afraid I dont have much more information.
                      Evelyn

Comment

I added something to post but I am not sure it went through, did you get it
                        evelyn

Comment

noon

It looks as though it did go through.
                          Margaret , I just remembered John was in the army , do you think he could be at his barracks, and that was why he is not on 1911 census.
                          Evelyn

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
                            It looks as though it did go through.
                            Margaret , I just remembered John was in the army , do you think he could be at his barracks, and that was why he is not on 1911 census.
                            Evelyn
                            The barracks were included in the census but maybe he was in England?
                            Margaret

Comment

Might be worth following the two daughters to see what you can find about them and maybe lead to Catherine.
                              Margaret

Comment

There's a tree on ancestry with Catherine in it but no date of death or anything else shown username ianporteous2 tree name obrienfamilytree so might be worth contacting him too,.
                                Margaret

Comment

Found him on 1911 in Hong Kong he's a gunner.

NOON, John William, Married 22, 1889, Hong Kong
                                  Reference: RG14PN34985 RD641 SD10 ED17 SN9999

Address:
                                  96 Company R G a Fort Tigne Malta County: Overseas military
                                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 23-10-11, 15:49.

Comment

Noon

Margaret , thanks for finding John in Hong Kong. How on earth did you manage that,brilliant.
                                    I am going to the library tomorrow to see if I can find the daughter`s marriages.
                                    By the way the tree on Ancestry is mine !
                                    much obliged
                                    Evelyn

Comment

Could this be Catherine's death?

Catherine Noon
                                      Birth Date: abt 1886
                                      Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1941
                                      Age at Death: 55
                                      Registration district: Leeds Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
                                      Volume: 9b Page: 628

I have all images if you want them.
                                      Margaret

Comment

Noon

I would certainly like to see them.It sounds good for birth date for Catherine
                                        Thanks
                                        Evelyn

Comment

Working...
                                        X