where are they in 1851 and 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are they in 1851 and 1861

Lewis Honeywood born 1828 in Bungay Suffollk and Eleanor born 1833 in Bungay Suffolk.

I have them both in 1871 living n Bungay Suffolk.

Hi Ruth, do you know when they married by any chance?

in the 1861 census there is a soldier shown as L Honeywood unmarried aged 32 born Bungay Suffolk - at Chatham......might this be your Lewis/Louis?

Comment

I have just found this marriage on ancestry - Lewis Honeywood and Eleanor Brighton Q2 1865 @ Wangford in Suffolk - 41 1072 (they have it transcribed as Brightor)

In the 1861 census in Paddington London is an Ellen Brighton servant 28 a ? maid - born Woodbridge Suffolk. Not too sure that this is her, but it is a one to consider.

Comment

A Lewis Honeywood married in 2nd qtr, 1865. FreeBMD isn't showing the names of the wedding participants on the page(?). Presumably it is he? Baptism is indexed on familysearch, as well as his 1841 census.

Comment

Thanks for that....I had earmarked the soldier in 1861 as him.

I had the 1841 cenus and his birth....and death in 1871.

Comment

Her birth indexed & 1841 census on familysearch

Comment

In 1851, there is an Eleanor Brighton living in Shipmeadow, Suffolk, birthplace St Michael, Norfolk, England, age 21? I think it's a workhouse.

Comment

That one sound more likely.

Comment

Ruth take care with this one as there are two Eleanor Brighton's born around the same time in Suffolk.
                  The one in the workhouse has her siblings with her I think - maybe they were orphans by then.

Comment

Thank you for the advice....I will make a note of it......these are not direct relatives.....so I will leave it there.....thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X