Navigation to page cancelled ??? Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation to page cancelled ??? Help needed

Am having all sorts of problems lately since the last Windows updates, main one being when I try to go to a site I get this message ,Navigation to page cancelled ,then a blank page appears but the link to the site I was trying to go to appears in my Task Bar so I then have to click on the page there, anybody know how to cure this please.
    Also is it possible for me to completely uninstall all of Internet Explorer Browser and reinstall from scratch???

Thanks very much

According to our system it looks as if you are using IE7 - is that correct?
    Have you tried updating IE to see if it improves things. It really is best to work with the latest version of web browsers - they are developed for a reason!
    Elaine

Comment

If you are using IE7 then here is a link which explains the problem
      Describes a problem in which Internet Explorer may stop responding when you browse to Web pages that in different Internet Explorer security zones.

It does appear to only relate to IE7 - so updating (if necessary) may well cure the problem.
      Elaine

Comment

thanks for replying Elaine thats what I dont understand I did update to IE9?

Comment

Val, when you are on IE, when you go to the help menu and click on About Internet Explorer, which version does it show?
          Elaine

Comment

it says 9 ??? thing is I do use Googlechrome and Firefox for some things ,but dont like it for Ancestry ,when you use Google and try and click the mouse on the image you are viewing on Ancestry the page goes blue and freezes ?? you cannot drag the image at all only by the little arrows at the side.

Comment

Val, are you using IE as your browser at the moment?
              Elaine

Comment

Sorry to keep asking questions Val - we are trying to think up different ways of helping you!

Did you download IE9 this morning or is it something you have had on your computer for a while. The reason I ask is that if it is newly downloaded you might have to reboot for the program to take full effect.
                Elaine

Comment

hi and thanks for perservering Elaine I did all that downloaded and rebooted , I then uninstalled it as I thought it hadn't installed correctly but the problem persisted on IE8 so I then reinstalled IE9 yesterday.

Comment

Umm. Am at a loss to suggest anything else at the moment. Tim may be able to help later.
                    Elaine

Comment

I just tried one of the suggestions which is to put the web page into your trusted site but still having problems, am wondering whether to try the other suggestion which is to uninstall IE9 revert to IE8 and then resetting personal settings?

Comment

I really don't want to advise you on that one Val. I fear the more that you tamper with updates/settings etc, then the more problems are caused with the after effects of your actions.
                        However, I realise things are not working as they should be at the moment - I wish I knew why our system indicates you are using IE7 when you say you are using IE9.
                        Elaine

Comment

how does that work then ? what is it shows I am using IE7 ?I haven't used that since IE8 came out? as far as I know .

Comment

It is something that only we can see in the Admin settings of the site.
                            It is supposed to log which browser you are using the view the site - very useful when we have queries like this and also for statistical purposes.
                            Elaine

Comment

wonder why its showing as IE7 then be interested to know if anybody else has the same scenario ?

Comment

Working...
                              X