JOSHUA KIDGER baptism brick-wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOSHUA KIDGER baptism brick-wall

Please help me with the birth / baptism of my GGGG grandfather Joshua Kidger .
    His parents and siblings moved from Coleorton , NW Leicestershire to Chesterfield around 1780 and Joshua was born around that time .
    He wasn't born in Coleorton or Chesterfield ( or not recorded , at least ) and I think he may have been born ' on the road ' between the 2 places .

John

have you this Burial
    Joshua Kidger
    7 May 1839
    age 58
    born abt 1781
    Place of burial
    Oldham
    St Mary
    Lancashire

oops meant to type Joshua
    Last edited by Guest; 20-10-11, 20:54.

Comment

hello John,

do you have him on any census at all? this would give you a point of reference to work from.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I guess if thats the one that Val found he didnt make it to the 1841 :(

Blimey, theres a lot of them on ancestry, wouldnt have believed it with that name. Yes, do you have more details please. Parents/siblings/spouse/kids?
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 20-10-11, 23:10.

Comment

on IGI they have a joshua kidger born coleorton leicestershire in 1775 to william kidger and mary price.
          Last edited by cpdavis35; 21-10-11, 15:58.
          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            have you this Burial
            Joshua Kidger
            7 May 1839
            age 58
            born abt 1781
            Place of burial
            Oldham
            St Mary
            Lancashire

oops meant to type Joshua
            Val
            Yes , that's him . He was latterly a shopkeeper , having given up mining presumably from ill-health .
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
              I guess if thats the one that Val found he didnt make it to the 1841 :(

Blimey, theres a lot of them on ancestry, wouldnt have believed it with that name. Yes, do you have more details please. Parents/siblings/spouse/kids?
              I've found parish records in Oldham - marriage in 1806 , childrens' baptisms , and evidence that he was a shopkeeper in his last couple of years . Then his death certificate .Also that he was an original trustee of a Methodist New Connexion Chapel in Alt , near Oldham .
              All I'm missing is his baptism .
              John

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                on IGI they have a joshua kidger born coleorton leicestershire in 1775 to william kidger and mary price.
                Craig
                Thanks for that but it's a different Joshua Kidger . I've got the Coleorton parish record CD but my Joshua is not included . The family were off to Chesterfield around the date he was born . However he wasn't born in Chesterfield , therefore somewhere between Coleorton and Chesterfield .

John

Comment

Working...
                X