Newspaper digitisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper digitisation

Does anyone have any idea when the British Library's Newspaper digitistation project goes live? Their web page still says Autumn 2011, I registered for updates but received nothing, and there is nothing anywhere that gives a clue of what is going on. I can access the Gale project through my library but understand the new project is supposed to have more newspapers in it. Is it another one of those projects that cost a fortune but never get finished?
    I am not sure if I have posted in the right place - apologies if I haven't.

Whether you are a researcher, historian or you simply want to know more about Britain's history, take this fantastic opportunity to search The British Newspaper Archive - a vast treasure trove of historical newspapers from your own home.

This blogger had been in contact with findmypast in May 2011 and they were still saying autumn 2011. So there's still plenty of time for it to happen.
    Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

and read this Guardian article from May 2011
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I was hoping that I might find the documentation of my grandmother getting Errant Grandfather declared dead so she could remarry after seven years. So far I haven't worked out where to look. The dates/places make it all seem a likely scenario, but I don't have the paperwork.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X