Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got details for Hampshire/Southampton Genealogical Society ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got details for Hampshire/Southampton Genealogical Society ?

I've found the Hampshire Genealogical Society's website & there are links you can click to either email them or one of their officers for a Hampshire centre (in my case, Southampton). For some reason this doesn't seem to work for me. Does anyone have either of the email addresses please ?

Is this the one you have tried Grey? It worked for me -
    southampton@hgs-online.org.uk

I got it from this page -
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie, chuck. No, I was looking at another site which just said "Click here"...no phone number, just a postal address & I can't write because of the shaaaaaaaaakes

Comment

Hi Grey,

our Reference Library has a Hampshire page with links to other sites on it:

having a butchers thru the site this might help:

research@hgs-online.org.uk
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

http://www.hgs-online.org.uk/contacts.htm Contact Group Leaders by email
          Joy

Comment

Hi,
            You can find any FHS either UK or overseas, by going to the Federation of Family History Societies website at: http://www.ffhs.org.uk/members2/contacting.php
            Remember it is well worth joining an FHS in your area.
            Many have CDs of transcriptions.
            Kindest regards
            Alan

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just to say, if anyone wonders whether to contact them, they've sent a very quick & friendly response to my email. (they'll probably have changed completely by the time I've finished with them)

Comment

I think by the time you have finished with them chuck they are more likely to be rolling in the aisles
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Nah, Chrissie....I'm trying to locate any people researching Ashers in Southampton (if you remember I had a link on that a while ago & people here confirmed that there was something spooky about an Alfred Asher being baptised there & a Joseph Asher from Nottm & another Mr Asher from Leicester marrying Southampton women in the same church in Sampton where Alfred had been baptised. But we weren't able to clear up if the Joseph Asher from Nottm was one of mine or not, as there were 2 of the same age)

I've ordered the straitjackets

Comment

Working...
                  X