Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 look up please

Hi. Me again!

George Spowage, b. approx 1885 married Florence E Smith, b. approx 1890 in Nottinghamshire 1909.

There are a number of George Spowages on the 1911 census in Notts, but no Florence. However, according to the Free 1911 census site, there is a "G Spowage b. 1886" and an "F Spowage b. 1890" in Notingham.

Could someone find them for me please and give me Parish, ED and the SN, so that I can look at them for myself to see whether they could, possibly be "my" George and Florence?

Thanks in advance.
    STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

According to the free search there is a household of G Spowage, F Spowage and Beller Spowage (female 9 months)
    On the basis of 1 male and 2 females in the household, then it might be this one
    Elaine

Comment

Is this them?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...th+East.01.138

Comment

Thanks Elaine and Kelly.

There are a number of problems with this couple. Firstly her maiden name was Smith, and there are two Florence E SMiths born in Nottingham around the same time. Secondly, there are at least two George Spowages, which according to various earlier census records are born either Derbys or Notts.

I know they have a daughter b. 1927 who is still alive, so no names, no packdrill, but searching for children born since the marriage in 1909 with the surname Spowage and the MMN of Smith turns up too many for one family - and there are 4 pages of Spowages in Nottinghamshire according to the Free 1911 site, so they'll all take some untangling.

Still, finding Florence is a start.

Thanks again, both.

STG

Comment

... and I've just tried to find a birth for Beller (sp?) in 1910. There isn't one!

There is a Mary I Spowage b Q3 1910 in Nottingham, so maybe that's her and maybe the "I" stands for Isabel/Isabella.

Hum.

Comment

Working...
          X