Find My Past the TV show starting on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past the TV show starting on Thursday

Find My Past the TV show is an exciting new 10-part series which unites ordinary members of the public with their ancestors.

Each week, we take three members of the public on a journey to discover how they are related to someone from a significant historical event, by searching the records on findmypast.co.uk. We follow each of them as they uncover who their ancestor is and the part they played in history, before uniting the participants to find out how they are connected.

The show is screened on Thursdays from 20 October 2011 at 9pm on the Yesterday channel: Freeview channel 12, Sky 537, Virgin Media 203. Chris Hollins of BBC Breakfast, Watchdog and winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2009 presents the show.

Each Friday morning, you'll be able to read all about the previous night's episode, including which records were used to chart the participants' family histories.

-Three of the episodes in the series will focus on key events in WWII: Dunkirk, Battle of Britain and D-Day. We're building an online collection of photos to honour our heroes and we need your help. Share photos of your ancestors who were connected in any way to Dunkirk, Battle of Britain and D-Day with us and be a part of this fantastic tribute to those who played a vital part in WWII.

Thanks

I had seen something about this programme and looked this morning to record it but couldn't find it. Didn't think to look at yesteryear.

Will do it tonight.
    Last edited by Lin Fisher; 18-10-11, 15:04.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Here's the link on FMP abut the programme http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/...-tv/about.html
      Margaret

Comment

They can't go much further back in history than between WW1 and WW2 as the ancestor is being introduced to them .
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

This looks interesting, will definitely watch it
          Lauren =)

Comment

I believe they do go further back as the advert shows the presenter stating to a person that their ancestor was Lord Nelson.

Danny
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Originally posted by quiffdo View Post
              I believe they do go further back as the advert shows the presenter stating to a person that their ancestor was Lord Nelson.

Danny
              I don't think I'd want to meet Lord Nelson, now, even if he were my ancestor!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Lol. Reckon it would make for fantastic TV though.

Danny
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Just giving this a nudge to remind everybody that it's on tonight.
                  Moggie

Comment

have you put this on the general board too ? in case people miss it

Comment

Working...
                    X