Searching for Wills ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Wills ???

Hello folks, is there an online site that deals with searching for WILLS ??? If so has anyone tried it out & had any luck ? If not...can anyone suggest HOW I can find out if my relatives left a will at all ? I am looking for wills in the Birmingham area.

Thank you ,

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Ancestry have the Index to Probates so you can look there but it only goes up to 1941 from 1861. Prior toi 1858 they are indexed on the National Archives.

Can we look someone up for you?
    Margaret

Comment

Not sure what dates you are looking for but have you checked Ancestry -
      Elaine

Comment

If your person is not covered by these dates you have to write to the local probate office and enclose a cheque for £6 to cover a 5 year search after the year of death.
        The Priory Courts
        33 Bull Street
        Birmingham West Midlands
        England
        B4 6DU

If a will is found they send a copy of it with the details about probate.
        Margaret

Comment

Quite a few links in the reference library, but nothing specific to Birmingham as far as I can see
          Elaine

Comment

Great! I will have a look on Ancestry...this is just curiosity on my part..most of my relatives were church mice so had nowt to write a will for !! But have discovered a couple who appeared to have a bob or two so would like to find out how much they left (died in 1901, so my searching will not ruffle any feathers !!!) Thank you again.

Margaret.
            Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Working...
            X