Another question please -birth in Sidmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question please -birth in Sidmouth

Cor, being miserable about family life certainly has boosted my tree investigations again. Always a silver lining as my old mum would say. :(

So, latest help needed on a chap called Charles Baizley born 19 October 1826 in Sidmouth. Now this chap was baptised in Southwark on 31 December 1826 - parents Mark Charles Baizley (though he usually dropped the Mark bit) and Mary Ann Joyce. Mark Charles is shown as living Manor Close, Southwark, occupation servant.

Query is, why was Charles born in Sidmouth, Devon? Were the parents there because of Mark Charles Baizley's work or did Mary Anne go there for her confinement - though she was from Enfield, so that seems unlikely.

Anyone suggests how I can find this out please.

Also, having trouble finding Mark Charles Baizleys death. Mary Anne is a widow on the 1841. As there appear to be no other children, Im guessing may be he died in the late 1820s.

Charles b 1826 spent 59 years working for Bradshaws Railway Guide! and ended up the manager there.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 17-10-11, 11:35.

Are there any other Baizley births in Sidmouth around the same time? Or any births in Mary Anne's maiden name? just thinking she may have had family there.

How do you know Charles was born in Sidmouth?
    Margaret

Comment

im assuming margaret, the christening or the census says he was born in sidmouth. being london sue, is it possible ancestry may not have burials for the wider area your looking at?

Comment

Yes, throughout his life he puts Sidmouth as place of birth.

The death I cant find is for dad, Mark Charles Baizley - it should be in London but then if he travelled with his job ................ Hence why Im trying to find out really why their only child was born in Devon but baptised back in London.

Comment

There's quite a bit on wikipedia about Bradshaw and the Guides so I wondered if there is an historian who might know something about Charles Baizley since he served so long with the company especially if he died 'in service' as it were
          Margaret

Comment

Thats true Margaret, he even has the publisher of the book as his executor in his will.

Comment

Working...
            X