Divorces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorces

Are there any divorce records on-line for free? Or else where are they kept?
    Last edited by webwiz; 16-10-11, 17:44.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Theres some indexes on national archives, only up to about 1920 though.

Comment

Check out the NA's research sheets:

~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

if it is for more recent divorces then you will have to apply to the county? court where they lived.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

findmypast have divorce records for 1858-1903.
          They are not free for you to look up but I have a sub. Just post the name and approx date or pm me the details.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Ms. Katarzyna. If you be so kind as to search for a divorce for a James Frederick Pitts, and a Katherine Beatrice Pitts, nee Garner which occurred either late 1944 or early 1945? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardGarner View Post
              Ms. Katarzyna. If you be so kind as to search for a divorce for a James Frederick Pitts, and a Katherine Beatrice Pitts, nee Garner which occurred either late 1944 or early 1945? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.
              The index stops at 1903 so your entry won't be there.

I think for such a recent divorce you will have to ask The Principal Registry of the Family Division, First Avenue House, 42 - 49 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6NP. Tel: +44 (0) 7947 6000 where they have records for the whole country.

If you know which court handled the divorce you could ask them direct. You will only get a copy of the degree absolute - nothing else. I think it costs £30 - at least it did when I asked about one about 2 years ago.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X