Hello, I now wish to be found!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I now wish to be found!!

Isn't it wonderful when an ancestor sticks their hand up and shouts I am here come and find me!

I have been searching for quite a while for the baptism of Rebecca Pinchon born c1771. Couldn't find it. She was born in Cudworth Barnsley.

On Friday, using ancestry, I typed Rebecca Pin* and up she pops. Rebecca Pincham born c1772, baptism 22 Feb 1772 father Abraham. The baptism took place in Royston but she was born Cudworth. I also managed to find her siblings Mary(born 1766) , Nancy(born 1769) , Sarah (born 1775), and Abraham(born 1778). Mary's husband was a witness at Rebecca's marriage to John Iveson and Sarah's husband is living with Rebecca in 1851.

Now if only Rebecca's mother and Abraham's wife would stick her hand up and let me find her.... hide and seek is great but does get a bit boring.....!!

If any one has any ideas feel free to post I think I need some inspiration.

Sandra

Firstly,

well done Sandra! it is lovely when that elusive relative finally shows themself!

I think if it were me then i'd revisit LDS and see if anything appears for the new names.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think that Rebecca's mother/Abrahams wife was Rebecca as there is a burial in Royston for a Rebecca Pincheon aged 88 (25 July 1832). All I have to do is prove it!!

Sandra

Comment

Well done! That's so pleasing!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Finally, proved my theory. I have to say that it wouldn't have been possible without access to Ancestry Parish records.

Abraham Fincham (wrongly transcribed) married Rebecca Marsh 6 July 1762 Royston. I also managed to find another daughter Betty born 1763.

Sandra

Comment

It's so annoying when the initial letter is mistranscribed. It makes it so much harder to do a wildcard search.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
              It's so annoying when the initial letter is mistranscribed. It makes it so much harder to do a wildcard search.

ahh UJ but did you know you can search *incham as well on Ancestry now? replacing the first letter with the asterisk.. it makes life that little bit easier now.

and well done Sandra, sometimes that little bit of extra digging can (and does!) pay off :smilee:
              Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie,

I didn't actually do it with *incham, I typed in Abraham, Rebecca for the spouses name - didn't use any surnames and then 1760 plus or minus 10 years and hey presto up the record popped. Pinchon is asking to be wrongly transcribed hence the derivatives!!

I have to say that I am quite impressed with what you can achieve with ancestry parish records. I have found so much data I would not have otherwise found.

Sandra

Comment

They are good I havent had much cause to use them in my tree but for others I have looked for baptisms and come up with much more than they could have imagined, and without having to travel to london to goto the LMA (bonus!)
                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X