Navigation to page cancelled ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation to page cancelled ???

had some windows updates day before yesterday now whenever I try to go to a site I get the message Navigation to page cancelled and instead of going to that site the link for it goes to my taskbar ???
    any ideas thanks ?

Hi Val,

No I do not know the answer but I had a problem a while ago not quite the same and I corrected by going to View and putting a check mark in one of the boxes. It is worth checking that they are correct. It was all very strange as View is a box that I rarely use so how it changed I will never know.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 14-10-11, 22:27.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret its so annoying when things happen after a windows update ? you expect them to be useful not mess up.
      I'll have a look there thanks.

Comment

my view option has gone ???

Comment

Right click your mouse in the long blue area to the right of the 'tab' for the webpage you are looking at (not on the tab itself)
          It will open a shortcut menu
          Select the Menu Bar by clicking to the left of those words in the list
          This should open the menu bar which holds your 'view' option

Alternatively, look at the far left of the browser bar, you should see a 'Tools' dropdown button
          Click on the dropdown (the black triangle)
          Select Toolbars
          Put a tick in the menu bar
          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 16-10-11, 20:24.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

oh thanks Trevor go it back now

Comment

yet another stupid default setting from a software provider who hides the menubar
              Adobe do the same with their CS3 web design package hiding the standard toolbar that holds the most common open/close/save tools

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
              X