Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Internet Explorer.. are you sure you want to navigate from this page ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Internet Explorer.. are you sure you want to navigate from this page ?

Mainly on FTF but on other sites where i can read several pages I press leave the tread or move back I get a pop up from Microsoft Internet Explorer asking if I am sure I want to navigate away from this page.. press OK and it moves but keeps popping up if I want to am moving back several pages..
    Is there anyway I can diable this feature

Colin FTF has added this feature because some times you can be typing a post and lose it if for instance you lose the intermet ? and dont want to have to type the whole thing all over again , this saves what you have posted even if that happens I believe ?
    But am sure somebody can tell you how to disable it.

Comment

It is not something you can disable (as far as I am aware).
      It is a new feature that was included in one of the recent software updates that was installed on the site.
      It should only pop up if you have started an action and then changed your mind, for example,
      - if I had started replying to this thread in the reply box, and then decided I didn't want to post anything, when I go to click on the next thing I want to look at the pop up box will appear asking me if I am sure I want to move away from this page as it appears I have not finished what I am doing.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks again Elaine,
        It is not exactly the same so after your reply I tried to find out what was causing it..
        I think that I have discoverred a little... if I go on to a thread with several pages the thread comes up.. but there is a slight pause then about a second or so later there is a little screen movement and the thread appears again.. it is the same when I change pages on the thread.. at the same time as the screen movement the little box at the bottom turns green also appears....I have now noticed that it is when I try to navigate away from the page without waiting for that second or so that causes the screen to move that it asks me if I am sure that I wish to navigate away...if it does not happen to anyone else then it may be my computer..

Comment

Sounds like it is waiting for the page to load fully before allowing you to move on without the box popping up - although I've just tested that on FF and it doesn't seem to be an issue.
          Just out of interest, how many posts are you viewing per page. If you are needing to change pages frequently as you are reading through a thread then it might be worthwhile increasing your settings to 30 posts per page (if they are not already set at that).
          Elaine

Comment

I didn't know that there was a choice but I have just counted a few pages and there are 10 to a page... if I had been a bit brighter I would have noticed that they were numbererd

Comment

If you go to SETTINGS at the top of the page, and then GENERAL SETTINGS in left hand column, you will find the choice to set the number of posts per page.
              Having just looked I am surprised to see it is now up to 100 posts per page - we previously had the maximum set at 30 but maybe this has changed with one of the recent software updates.
              Might be worth just playing with it a bit to see if increasing to 30-50 posts per page makes any difference to you.
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X