Manchester records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Manchester records

Should anyone be visiting the library in Manchester I would appreciate one single specific look-up.

Charles Dakin married Mary Mcquade, 4.3.1833 at Manchester collegiate church.

Hoping that the parents ; occupations or ages will enable me to decide if that is the marriage I am lookingfor. Very probably it is.

Many thanks Happy days

Do you have the fllowing info?

Baptisms: 19 May 1833 St Elphin, Warrington, Lancashire, England
    William Dakin - Son of Charles Dakin & Mary
    Abode: Dolmans Lane
    Baptised by: Charles Nicholson
    Register: Baptisms 1831 - 1835, Page 132, Entry 1049
    Source: LDS Film 1562962

Baptisms: 31 Aug 1834 St Elphin, Warrington, Lancashire, England
    Charles Dakin - Son of Charles Dakin & Mary
    Abode: Bank Street
    Baptised by: C Nicholson
    Register: Baptisms 1831 - 1835, Page 231, Entry 1844
    Source: LDS Film 1562962

Comment

Sorry Robradd. Yes, I have all that. I just want confirmation that the wedding quoted above is the one I seek. think that can only be done by a look at the register, hopefully to give ages; parents; occupations.

Loads of Dakins and McQuades about.

Thanks for your interest.. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by harryhayes View Post
        Sorry Robradd. Yes, I have all that. I just want confirmation that the wedding quoted above is the one I seek. think that can only be done by a look at the register, hopefully to give ages; parents; occupations.

Loads of Dakins and McQuades about.

Thanks for your interest.. Much appreciated.
        For an 1833 marriage - i.e. before 1837 - you'll be lucky to get definite info about parents' (even just father's) names and occupations. That sort of info requirement didn't come into play until Civil Registration.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine. I was doing the research for a friend and shehas now contacted Manchester. For £2.50 they will do the look up and send details. May or may not add to our knowledge. We are pretty sure that is the marriage we are after so anything should prove useful,and hopefully definitive.

Many thanks for your interest. Happy days

Comment

Working...
          X