Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Marridges? are they the same person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Marridges? are they the same person?

Hello all

I'm doing a favour for a friend. His dad and mum split up in the 1940's. He then lived with his mum and his dad moved never to be seen again. Now ive done a marriage search for him and the same name pops up twice for marriage. One is certainly him how can i be sure the second is also him?

Also he has no death record does this certainly mean is is still living

The person i have searched for is <name removed>, born 1923. Married to <name removed> in 1946. I want to know if the record i find for a <name removed> in 1954 is the same person? And how do i find if hes still alive?

Best Regards all

Andy
    Last edited by Grimsqueaker; 12-10-11, 18:08. Reason: potential living names removed

We don't publish names/details of living people on this site so names should be removed unless you are sure they have died. Lack of death record online on the GRO index only means he hasn't died in this country up to 2006. He may have died abroad or after 2006 but could easily still be alive as many people live into their 80s and 90s nowadays.

On your other question the only way to be sure if two marriages relate to the same person is to buy both certificates and compare age, occupation and father's details. With an unusual name searching to see if there were other men born with the same name in the right time frame for someone marrying at those dates may help.
    Last edited by JudithM; 12-10-11, 17:50.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum

As judith has already said, wedo not allow the names of living people on this forum. I have therefore removed the names in your post. If anyone wishes to help you they will send you a PM (private message) asking for further details
      Barbara

Comment

Andrew,

Apologies for making a mess of your post, but we do have a policy of not allowing the names and other personal information of potentially living persons to be posted on our public boards..
        If any of our members are able to help you then please feel free to pass relevant information via our PM system.

Thanks

Tim
        https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

oops - snap.....
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

The spouse for the marriage in 1954 was born in 1924 that would be about right so I would think it's very likely the right man.

I have checked current electoral rolls and those from 2003 and nothing is showing for either of the parties to the marriage so either they have excluded themselves from the online data, gone abroad or died since 2005. You can check deaths up to 2010 at these places.

• Manchester City Library
            • Birmingham Central Library
            • Bridgend Reference and Information Library
            • Plymouth Central Library
            • City of Westminster Archives Centre
            • London Metropolitan Archives
            • The British Library*

Comment

I have sent you a PM with the details of two children born to the second marriage. Check the notifications tab at the top right of the screen.
              Margaret

Comment

There is a tree on Genes Reunited with your person's name in it.
                Margaret

Comment

Thankyou for all your help, you have been a great help. And sorry for breaking the rules x

Comment

Working...
                  X