Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burials in OXFORDSHIRE

Hi all

I'm hoping to find many burials in Oxfordshire. The council charge £10 for more than 2 searches and I honestly cannot afford that!!!

Does anybody have access to any information that will help me to find out where my ancestors are buried that is free??

The years are early1800s-mid 1900s

Thanks

Lauren
    Lauren =)

Have you looked at the list of publications available from the Oxfordshire Family History Society to see if there are any transcriptions relating to the parishes you are interested in?

Also check out the links on the Oxfordshire page in the reference library to see if there is anything useful.
    Elaine

Comment

Lauren, there are lots of different places to look.

Post up the names and dates of death if you have them and we can see what we can find.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Don't bother looking on FreeREG just found this .
        There are no entries for Oxfordshire as we have been refused permission to transcribe the parish registers.
        You might find some of your burials in the NBI. Post some names & I will look for you.

Moggie

Comment

why would parish registers for oxfordshire be denied transcription? has the county already done transcripts?

Comment

The Oxford Diocese will not allow transcriptions to be put on line. This affects Berkshire and Buckinghamshire as well as Oxfordshire, and various people have been trying to convince them otherwise for quite some time. You will find the relevant Family History Societies to be helpful, they will do searches for particular names and are not expensive.

Comment

Depending on where I have some Oxford PR cds.
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Hi all, thanks for all your replies!

I will get a list together and post it asap on the chance that someone may be able to find some records!
                Lauren =)

Comment

Working...
                X