Sure this is them migrating
    10 Nov 1870 Ship The City of Cork destination Boston Massachusetts

Says John is a Mariner

Have in 1880 Maine Knox
    John T KEEN
    Sarah KEEN
    Frances is missing
    John W KEEN born 1873 Maine

Can anybody find what happened to Frances between 1870 and 1880 and any sign of her Father and Mother after 1880

I found John William KEEN the son from 1910 a Music Teacher in Passaic New Jersey

Don't forget the current lot of Ancestry 15th Anniversary freebies, which are open until 15 October, including:
    October 1st – US Social Security Death Index
    October 3rd – California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
    October 5th – 1920 US Federal Census
    October 7th – Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
    October 9th – US WW I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
    October 13th – 1930 US Federal Census
    October 15th – US Obituary Collection

* Each collection will become available to search for free from 7am BST on the relevant day. All collections will be available to search until 12 midnight BST on 15 October 2011. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address.
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hi Christine and thanks ,but I already have worldwide Ancestry isn't this lot included in that ?

Comment

Hi Val... I can't see anything.. I have tried all variants etc.. and nada-zilch-nuffin :(
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I was hoping to maybe find some more childrens births on Familysearch thats where I found the Sons birth but cant find anything else on there?
          Thanks Julie

Comment

it does seem odd though that they just vanish! I wonder if JT died and sarah remarried?
            Julie

Comment

could be ? I do have trouble searching the familysearch records ? maybe I'll have another go.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                hi Christine and thanks ,but I already have worldwide Ancestry isn't this lot included in that ?
                Yes - You must have access to all those already. Ah, well! It seemed like a good idea at the time!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine , I am surprised not to find out anything more from their records?

Comment

Val have you had a look in our reference library at the 'Maine' page? in usa?

there looks to be some interesting links, including some cemetery records :smilee:
                    Julie

Comment

blimey Julie just had a look thanks but have you seen the charges

Find vital records for your ancestors. Search birth, death, marriage, and divorce records.

Comment

:(:( thats abit pants innit??
                        Julie

Comment

it sure is especially as you can bet your life that isn't the person I am looking for anyway? never mind shall have a look at the rest of the records maybe something is free ???

Comment

Working...
                          X