Matthes Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthes Family

Hi My name is Diane and im looking for any Matthes members. I have gone back to 1762 and am now stuck. I no for a fact they came from Wurttemberg Germany and they were a familly of bakers that moved to london and America.If anyone has any more information on this family it would be much appreciated.Also looking for Wellermans from Camberwell in London,Kirwans from Ireland and Stephenson families.

Hi, welcome to the forum. You can check the database of names that members have submitted by clicking the GEDCOM tab at the top of the page.

Otherwise the forum is mainly for people seeking help with their research and asking questions about researching.

You can check these sites: Ancestry, Genes Reunited, Tribal Pages and google search to see if anyone else is researching your names.

Margaret

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Diane!

Have you found the Anglo-German Family History Society? http://www.agfhs.org.uk/

They may be able to give you some hints about the German part of your research. FTF has a "Reference Library" in which you might find some useful info and links, if you explore.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine for your help .I will try that.
        Diane

Comment

Korre matthes

Hi I saw your post and well I'm a matthes lol and from winninpeg manitoba. Now in bc canada and really interested about who you are and can't wait to hear back

Comment

Originally posted by korre View Post
            Hi I saw your post and well I'm a matthes lol and from winninpeg manitoba. Now in bc canada and really interested about who you are and can't wait to hear back
            Hello Korre and welcome to Family Tree Forum. Diane hasn't been back to the forum for quite a while so may not see your post. If you click on her name you will be able to send her a private message.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

korre

Hi and thanks for the tip I just pm her hope I hear back

Comment

Working...
              X