Eyes please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes please

Can some kind souls have a look at the baptism of Thomas Baizley to Thomas Baizley and Sophia please. Can you read the occupation of the father - as "brewer and victualling" (sic). This is quite important as we have been stumped with the parentage of Thomas Baizley senior (my direct GGFx3) and we did find at one point in the last 5 years or more that he was paying rates on a property, right up to a year before his death and we didnt know what for. IF he was indeed brewing and victualling then it may well be we can find some licence? Up to this point he has been entered as brewers servant or indeed as a carpenter at the Royal Docks in Deptford and we have never been able to tie him in to a possible father in Edward Beazley, woolstapler of Bermondsey.

ANYWAY, you all have similar tales of woe, but Id be grateful for opinions please. 16 October (born May - that was a long time)

Oh, just thought, I wonder if they meant to put "Brewer AT victualling yard"?? :(
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 09-10-11, 16:08.

It certainly looks like 'at' after brewer. The other could be Victualling but not sure what would mean, usually victualler is someone who sells bear etc and is often a publican.
    Margaret

Comment

I too think it says brewer at victualling.

Compare the record on that page for Hannah DICKENSON and also scroll acoss to that of William Henry HIGDEN.
      All have the same scroll to finish the initial V.

Gwyn

Comment

Oh dear, no help then, thanks anyway. The Victualling Yard was the Royal Docks Victualling Yard at deptford - where they loaded the ships provisions for their pirates of the caribbean journeys :(

Comment

Working...
        X