Hardie in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardie in Scotland

My great grandparents William and Annie Hardie emigrated to NZ leaving England in ? late 1908. They had their 3 children with them, John, Jessie and Cath who were 8, 10 and 6 years old. William was born 17.05.1875 in Birkenhill, Elgin. Annie was born 02.01.1871 in Glasgow. I am trying to trace the boat they came to NZ on and when this was and also whether a Mathew McKay travelled with them. Many thanks.
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

They travelled on 30 April 1908 on the Corinthic

Can't see a Mathew McKay at all, do you have a date of birth for him or any other information?

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 08-10-11, 23:36.

Comment

Thank you. No I dont have a dob for Matthew. Sorry.
      Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
      They travelled on 30 April 1908 on the Corinthic

Can't see a Mathew McKay at all, do you have a date of birth for him or any other information?

Linda
      Judith

Comment

Was Mathew a relation of the Hardie's? Have you looked at passengers departing the UK..there are a few with that name e.g one born 1884 (Matthew) who left Liverpool for Wellington in 1924and a Mathew born 1876, left Greenock for Canada in 1926.
        Last edited by naomiatt; 11-10-11, 04:30.

Comment

Hardie Great Grandparents

Hi there

My great grandparents also were William and Annie Hardie. They lived in Mansfield Avenue, Merivale Christchurch. William died in 1956, Anne in 1957

My grandmother was Catherine Drumond Hardie. She married Andrew William Anderson Dickson in Christchurch New Zealnd in 1931. They had three children, one of which was my mother Jeantte.

I am just starting to build the family tree from some of the information my mother had, would be happy to share.

Rgds

Hamish Brown

Comment

Hi Hamish, Do PM me. Would love to know more.
            Originally posted by hamish_brown88 View Post
            Hi there

My great grandparents also were William and Annie Hardie. They lived in Mansfield Avenue, Merivale Christchurch. William died in 1956, Anne in 1957

My grandmother was Catherine Drumond Hardie. She married Andrew William Anderson Dickson in Christchurch New Zealnd in 1931. They had three children, one of which was my mother Jeantte.

I am just starting to build the family tree from some of the information my mother had, would be happy to share.

Rgds

Hamish Brown
            Judith

Comment

Working...
            X