Rebecca Chainey born 1830

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca Chainey born 1830

Baptised 11/4/1830 All Saints church Staplehurst Kent. The sister of my g gmother x2. I have found little to no further trace of Rebecca other than a possible death in Camberwell on ancestry freebmd.
    One of her brother's died in Holborn London, so it is feasable that the above could be her death.
    I have not come across a marriage for her either, so would appreciate anyone who has the time to spare, who could help try and trace any further info on her. I don't presently subscribed to ancestry. Just trying to re-trace some of my loose ends, which have come to a standstill. Many thanks in advance.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

This might be her all born in Kent
    Rebecca Chainey born 1829
    Eliza Chainey born 1811
    Eliza Chainey born 1831
    John Chainey born 1837
    in The Maidstone Union Workhouse

Comment

Yes that's them, thank you Val. I am trying to see if I can find a marriage for her at present, as I can't pin her down anywhere after that. The Maidstone Union Workhouse was demolished in 1842, a year, or thereabouts, after this family was there, that is when I lose track of Rebecca.
      Jen

Comment

have you looked just under her initials ? as sometimes workhouses recorded them like that

Comment

I haven't found any workhouse records Val no. What was the workhouse is now a Baptiste church which is still there today. By 1853 Rebecca's sister (my g.g.grandmother) was married and their brother was married and living St Mary Newgate, Canterbury......I think their mother was also living there, but Rebecca has disappeared.
          Jen

Comment

there is a tree on A***********y but they dont have a marriage or death for her :-(
            they also have another two children listed younger than John

Comment

Yes, that's Reuben and George Janet. These 2 boys were born after their mother's husband John Chainey died aged 27. They probably may have had different fathers too....no way of knowing that, though she still gave them the Chainey name. Reuben died in Holborn, he was only 33. George became a baker and married a woman 9 yrs older than himself. I haven't found any children for them.

Rebecca was the eldest child of the marriage followed by my g grandmother x 2 Eliza, then their brother John who was an infant when his father died. I found John in Canterbnury, married with several children but it's Rebeccas who remains the mystery to me.
              Jen

Comment

Well if you can't find your Rebecca, have you tried checking to find someone who could be an alternative for the death in Camberwell? If you can't find one, it strongly suggests it must be your lady.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

1841 there is also a
                  transcribed as Rebacka Chainey born abt 1816 Kent living in Staplehurst Kent
                  with
                  John Chainey born abt 1840
                  and Thomas Chainey born abt 1838

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                    Well if you can't find your Rebecca, have you tried checking to find someone who could be an alternative for the death in Camberwell? If you can't find one, it strongly suggests it must be your lady.
                    It isn't something I've thought about Nell and wouldn't know how to go about that.
                    Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      1841 there is also a
                      transcribed as Rebacka Chainey born abt 1816 Kent living in Staplehurst Kent
                      with
                      John Chainey born abt 1840
                      and Thomas Chainey born abt 1838

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=15954225
                      This Rebeccas is too early Val, but likely to be a family connection somewhere. I have come across other Chainey's further back, stemming from 2 brothers, one of whom fared better than the other.
                      Jen

Comment

do you actually know she was born in 1830 for sure ? some people are baptised years after being born.

Comment

According to LDS she was born in 1829 and baptised in April 1830 Val.
                          Jen

Comment

Rebecca CHENEY Household
                            Female
                            what about this one on family search in the 1880 Michigan census
                            Other Information:
                            Birth Year <1828>
                            Birthplace ENG
                            Age 52
                            Occupation Keeping House
                            Marital Status M <Married>
                            Race W <White>
                            Head of Household John CHENEY
                            Relation Wife
                            Father's Birthplace ENG
                            Mother's Birthplace ENG

Comment

Chainey was her maiden name Val.....not her married name. Don't know if she did marry.

I have just found one death on Freebmd for a Rebecca Chainey died aged 85 in Dover.

If this is a remote possibility, then she may never have married and Dover is the Kent area....but why is she not showing on any census after 1841?
                              Jen

Comment

wat year was that death Jen? as I looked on Ancestry and FMP ?

Comment

I have got instances of people with the same surname marrying too

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                    wat year was that death Jen? as I looked on Ancestry and FMP ?
                                    Found it on freereg Val June 1950 Rebecca Chainey age 85 Dover 5b 521
                                    Jen

Comment

but that would make her born in 1865 ????????

Comment

The lateness of the hour yesterday, obviously fogged up my brain Val lol! I instinctively knew it wasn't right but was too tired to do the maths.
                                        Jen

Comment

Working...
                                        X