• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 and 1851 Scottish Census now on FMP

Just had this email.

Linda

Hi Linda,
    Is that just transcriptions?
    Even so, they have to be better than the Ancestry transcriptions.
    Off to have a look - not that I have a subscription.

Edit - I have just checked and as I would have expected it is transcriptions only.
    However - my mistranscribed James as Ignes on Ancestry is back to James on FMP - so good news.
    Last edited by herky; 05-10-11, 17:21.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Their promotional e-mail says:
      Due to the General Register Office for Scotland's licensing regulations, it is not possible to view the original census images on findmypast.co.uk
      Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

though ancestry's transcripts are deplorable, with the scots ones i have found they are actually accurate so far.

Comment

Working...
        X