Netbook and Rootsmagic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netbook and Rootsmagic

I have just purchased a Asus Netbook, with 2Mg of ram and running Windows 7 starter. (thought nice and small for family tree work)
    I have installed Rootsmagic 4 direct from the disc and transfered all my data from my old laptop and all work fine.
    The problem is, that I can't update Rootmagic 4 to the latest version, I receive the following message:

You are currently running in 'ToDo' mode, please update your desktop version, then update the 'ToDo version.

Everything is all working, even looks like to main version and not the data-pen version.
    I think my problem is that the netbook is running windows 7 starter....Question..could I update to windows 7 home Premium?

Any help.

Steve.
    Steve.
    Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Steve, Sorry I don't know the answer, but have you tried posing your question on the RM Forum at http://forums.rootsmagic.com/ someone there might have the answer.

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret, just thought may be easier on this board than registering on the Rootsmagic forum.
      Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve, I just thought that you might get a quicker reply from them, there's usually someone around who will know the answer to almost any RM question. The link that I gave you was for the USA forum, there is a UK one too but they're a bit slower to reply.

Margaret.
        Margaret

Comment

I hope that I have understood your question correctly. I purchased my Acer Net Book with Windows 7 Starter and upgraded it to Windows 7 Home Premium. I did acquire the program via a shop and installed that way rather than a download.
          I would not know if it would resolve your problem though.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

I managed to download the latest update (version 4.1.2.1 Sept) on my other laptop, then just installed over the netbook version using a data key.
            now using the full version with no problems.

Steve.
            Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X