Names of Bride and query on a witness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names of Bride and query on a witness

Would you say the people marrying are a James Fallon and a Mary Fallon ? as opposed to Mary fallen
    And one of the Witnesses is a James Fallon, Son?
    As cant see how as he would only have been about 4

Thanks

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=View&r=5538&dbid=1623&iid=31280_199176-00649&fn=James&ln=Fallon&st=r&ssrc=pt_t6737403_p-114895744_kpidz0q3d-114895744z0q26pgz0q3d32768z0q26pgPLz0q3dpid&pid=44 66599

I think it says James Fallon Senr. (senior)
    Elaine

Comment

You can be a witness at any age, as long as you are old enough to understand what is going on, but 4 does seem slightly on the young side! It might depend on how many other witnesses there were - if two adults, maybe the child added as an indulgence.

Sorry, I don't have access to Ancestry to look at the record.

OC

Comment

While I think that they are called Fallon, there are only 2 witnesses and the signature of John Fallon, Son, is not a tiny child's handwriting.

The youngest witness I have seen was a 6yr old, signing after the 3 adult witnesses, (as OC says as an indulgence) at the wedding of her eldest brother in 1854.

Comment

thanks all senior makes sense as his Father was James too,I think this is the first one for me where the Bride and Groom have the same Surname ??

Comment

Definitely both Fallon, the o in the bride's name is a little faded.

Also agree the witness is James Fallon, Senr [Senior]

They could have been cousins or more distant relatives or it might just be chance that their names are the same. My great grandparents were cousins with the same surname.

Anne

Comment

the witness is James Fallon Sr (Senior?)
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks both for replying

Comment

Working...
                X