Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the Daddy?

Hi All.
    I am researching the Keeley family from Wargrave & Crazies Hill from Berkshire & also they ventured into Battersea & Wandsworth in Surrey & further afield,however i have come across one who looks like he's part of the family but i can't find his father to connect him in for sure :(

William Messenger Keeley was born around 1824 in Westminster......I found William living with his mum Ann on the 1841 & 1851 census in Westminster,problem is,his father had already died before the census was done. Why do they always die when it's not convenient ;)
    I have tried checking baptisims around Westminster but nothing shows,The only further info is his marriage in 1855,his death in 1879 plus his will on Ancestry.
    Is there anyone that can find his father just to put my out of my misery.
    Thanks
    Kaz in a lovely warm Poland :>)
    "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

What name does he give for his father on his marriage certificate?
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Did you get his Marriage Cert as his Fathers name should be on there.

Comment

Hi to you both,
        I have not got his marriage cert yet & i was hoping to find daddy before splashing out any money
        Thanks,
        Kaz.

Comment

there is a marriage for a William Keeley and an Ann Maynard in 1816 St Martin in the Fields Westminster wonder if thats his parents?

Comment

Val,
            Yes i found that too,but not sure if it's him or not........
            Kaz.

Comment

I found a Richard Messenger Keeley on Familysearch father Messenger Keeley mother Mary Ann in St James Westminister London 1818
              batch C 14750-4 so could be from this Family
              and there is also a Mary Ann a later birth https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ion_id=1473014
              Edna
              Last edited by clematised; 01-10-11, 18:30.

Comment

William Messenger Keely [sic] baptised 8/2/1824 at Westminster St John the Evangelist, address Millbank Street, parents: William and Ann, William's occ Painter.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-10-11, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                  I found a Richard Messenger Keeley on Familysearch father Messenger Keeley mother Mary Ann in St James Westminister London 1818
                  batch C 14750-4 so could be from this Family
                  and there is also a Mary Ann a later birth https://www.familysearch.org/search/records#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Akeeley~ %2Bfather_givenname%3Amessenger~ %2Bfather_surname%3AKeeley~ %2Bmother_givenname%3A"mary ann"~ %2Bbatch_number%3AC14750-4&collection_id=1473014
                  Edna
                  Thanks Edna
                  I do have these but i am sure Richard died in 1822,i don't know if William Messenger was his brother as yet,it's a good idea to have the name of Messenger somewhere but naming them something else rather than Ricahrd or William would of been a great help
                  Kaz.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
                    William Messenger Keely [sic] baptised 8/2/1824 at Westminster St John the Evangelist, address Millbank Street, parents: William and Ann, William's occ Painter.
                    Hi Susan,
                    Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!! That has really made my evenig!!!..........Where did you find it,not for love nor money could i!!!
                    Kaz.

Comment

Hi Kaz,

My pleasure, it's from the London England Baptisms on Ancestry, there's other children on the database who are most likely siblings of William Messenger, one definitely is as same address. The others' born before William have different address, but same parents and father has same occupation and they are living in Westminster.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
                        Hi Kaz,

My pleasure, it's from the London England Baptisms on Ancestry, there's other children on the database who are most likely siblings of William Messenger, one definitely is as same address. The others' born before William have different address, but same parents and father has same occupation and they are living in Westminster.
                        Hi Susan,
                        Help!!!!! I have tired to find it but still can't........Are they hiding it from me..............
                        Kaz :>((

Comment

Here;s the link Kaz, not sure if it's accessible by all sub's. I have World, but know there's three types of sub's.

Comment

Hi Susan,
                            Yes got it,it's so nice to see at long last.........Still don't know if they are connected,but i'm getting there thanks to you!!!
                            Kaz.

Comment

Just a quick note to say that i have found the other siblings of William Messenger Keeley.........His father William lived in the same road as his brother Messenger,it all fits now,cos i got a Will dated 1805 from a Messenger Keeley,who was the 1st born son of Mary [nee Messenger] Keeley when she started the ball rolling.... Looks like i will be having to spend 'yes dear's' hard earnt money

Thanks for all the help!!!!!
                              Kaz.

Comment

A great outcome; I'm really pleased for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X