Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone with Premium Ancestry please check a probate entry: ALEXANDER SINCLAIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone with Premium Ancestry please check a probate entry: ALEXANDER SINCLAIR

I'm still at it while I have a few weeks more basic subs with Ancestry - sorry to create work!

There's a probate entry for Alexander Sinclair died 1929 - could you check it is my man:

He was born 1846 and in 1911 census, his home address was: 5 Slade Terr. Portishead, Long Ashton, Somerset. His wife was Harriett. His adopted son: Charles Pinniger b1899.

Just off to check when his wife Harriett died. Many thanks.

ADDED: Harriett died 1923 so he would have been a widower.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 30-09-11, 16:37.
    Liz

It is him the address is the same. Date of death 22 Jan 1929 admin (with Will) Bristol, granted 28 May to Ethel Calvey wife of Frederick George Calvey
    Margaret

Comment

Thank you Margaret. That will mean Ethel Calvey was the executor, not necessarily the beneficiary, wouldn't it? He had three grandchildren, one of whom he adopted.
      Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
        Thank you Margaret. That will mean Ethel Calvey was the executor, not necessarily the beneficiary, wouldn't it? He had three grandchildren, one of whom he adopted.
        Yes, she would be the administrator and I am guessing in fact that her husband was named as executor but she is doing it instead as I'm not sure why else they would give his name. She may or may not have been a beneficiary.
        You'll have to get the will to see who got what
        Margaret

Comment

This will the third one I've sent for in a few weeks, Margaret. He is on the main branch of the tree, so had better send for it .

Added: have posted the app form for the will...
          Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 30-09-11, 19:19.
          Liz

Comment

Hello Liz,

I've got a friend who's got Sinclairs, originally from Scotland (surprise) & then on to County Durham, stationed in Norfolk during the Second World War, before carrying on in the Army, so moving all over the place.. If this is any good to you, let me know.

Oh, you've got a family from Splott ! That place has always had a place in my heart since I found out that Shirley Bassey was from there, but they decided that "The girl from Tiger Bay" sounded more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
              Oh, you've got a family from Splott ! That place has always had a place in my heart since I found out that Shirley Bassey was from there, but they decided that "The girl from Tiger Bay" sounded more exciting.
              Not surprising!! LOL
              Margaret

Comment

:DNow you two...that is the birthplace of my mother! When I say my mother was Welsh and I am asked where she comes from, you can imagine the reaction when I say, "Splott". I have a good book about the area with old photos (Roath, Cardiff) produced by the local Fam History Soc if I remember rightly.

Grey - Alexander above was the son of Alexander Sinclair born in Inverness about 1815. I have found I think his lot on IGI. There are so many Sinclairs that I doubt there is a link but thank you anyway.
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X