Richard Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Lane

Please can somebody help me to indentify the wife of Richard Lane married in St Pancras, London in December 1860.

Many thanks

Di

How do you know he married in Dec 1860? There are two Richard Lanes both marrying in that quarter. If you find yours on the 1861, his wife's first name should be on there.

OC

Comment

You have a choice of Pricilla Cohen
      Francis Slade Coaker
      Harriet Jones or Johanna Fleming.
      Do you have them on the 1861 or other census?
      Where did you get the original information?
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

The only one in the right area on the 1861 census has a wife called Emma. My great-grandmother was Emily Jane Lane born in Bethnal Green and her father was Richard. Her marriage certificate says he made clay pipes, but this one in the 1861 census is a pianoforte maker!!

Di

Comment

I would suggest you get her birth certificate. This will give her mother's maiden name as well as her father's name and occupation.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

What year was your great grandmother born? Have you found her on any censuses?

Margaret

Comment

Have only her marriage certificate giving her approximate age. Can't find her on any censuses for Bethnal Green. Can I ask for a birth certificate stipulating I only want it if it has the correct father's name as I have a couple of incorrect ones?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiD View Post
                Please can somebody help me to indentify the wife of Richard Lane married in St Pancras, London in December 1860.

Many thanks

Di
                Where did you get this marriage from - specifically DEC 1860?

GRO do not allow checking anymore, but I think you can apply to the appropriate RO with checks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                Kat

Comment

Have only her marriage certificate giving her approximate age. Can't find her on any censuses for Bethnal Green. Can I ask for a birth certificate stipulating I only want it if it has the correct father's name as I have a couple of incorrect ones?

Di
                  What are the marriage details for Emily Jane? We can't be much help without the detail. Perhaps we can find her on a census for you.
                  eg date, place, witnesses, husband and husband's father's names and occupation. She could be staying with one of his relations. Do you have her husband on any censuses?
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 01-10-11, 17:51.
                  Kat

Comment

The Marriage for Emily Jane lane is on Ancestry

I can't find them on any census
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Di
                      Says she is 19 on the certificate! Wedded 1885. Resident Bethnal Green so could have been born anywhere :(

Thanks Wendy
                      Last edited by Katarzyna; 01-10-11, 20:21.
                      Kat

Comment

Perhaps this is her birth
                        Emily Jane Lane
                        Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1867
                        Registration district: Bethnal Green Inferred County: London
                        Volume: 1c Page: 246

Comment

One of the marriage witnesses is Lane Savage, surely must be a family connection there!

Comment

Working...
                          X