Lost Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Family

I can find my 4xGUncle Walter Hill DoB 1876 on the 1871 Census in Hayfield, Derbyshire. I can't find him on the 1881 Census. Then I find him on the 1891 Census, but now he is married still in Hayfield. Any idea were he might have been in 1881. He must have been there as in 1891 he had two teenage children.
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Originally posted by Pipeman View Post
    I can find my 4xGUncle Walter Hill DoB 1876 on the 1871 Census in Hayfield, Derbyshire. I can't find him on the 1881 Census. Then I find him on the 1891 Census, but now he is married still in Hayfield. Any idea were he might have been in 1881. He must have been there as in 1891 he had two teenage children.
    Hi Pipeman,
    I am a little confused - you say you can't find Walter Hill in 1871 - but he wasn't born until 1876.
    You say he is married in 1891 - but he would be very young!
    Could you please clarify the dates. Perhaps I am reading this wrong.
    Thanks

Edit - even more comfused - how can he have teenage children in 1891.
    Last edited by herky; 29-09-11, 21:36.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

If Walter was actually born in 1846, then he appears to have been mistranscribed as Walker Hile (on findmypast).

Jane

Comment

Here's the reference RG11; Piece: 3462; Folio: 5; Page: 3;
        Margaret

Comment

Sorry for the confusion herky, for 76 read 46!! I think!!!!!! Thank You ladies for your help. Now I look Jane you'r right it is a Transcription mistake, Perhaps if I had ticked the box for similar spelling it might of picked it up. I never thought, where could you go wrong with HILL, mistake the loop on the last l for an e!! That will teach me!! if I remember next time. It was your Reference Margaret that showed me where to look. I know!, tha'ts a man for you!!

Thanks again each X
          Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

Hi Pipeman - no problem - so long as you have found what you are looking for - (sounds like the name of a song!!!)
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
            X