ancestry dropping parishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry dropping parishes?

i could have sworn grinton was in the west yorkshire parish registers on ancestry. now i go through the list and it isn't there. am i going insane, or are they swapping the parishes around?

I would have been quite surprised to see it there .... but then I wasn't looking. The W. Yorks records cover a relatively small part of the old West Riding.

Anne

Comment

There are some parish register entries for Grinton on Family Search - in the following collections

Elaine

Comment

thanx elaine, i pretty much know what i want, i was just looking forward to the actual images. i've been loving the harewood ones!

anne, i could have sworn they were there at some point. i made a note of the parishes of interest, so when i got access to the collection i knew exactly what to look at! i think im going insane......

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          There are some parish register entries for Grinton on Family Search - in the following collections
          I never saw those links before Elaine. Many thanks for them. I verified my certificate that I received the other day for Robert England and Cordelia Worden and they have it spot on.

Robert
          http://www.mancunianreds.com/
          Names looking for:
          ENGLAND (Cornwall especially Padstow or St Columb Mjr and Stoke Damerel, Devonport, Devon) TRESIDDER (Cornwall) PRYNN (Cornwall) WORDEN (Cornwall)
          "Nothing great is easy" Captain Matthew Webb

Comment

Ancestry does have Grinton PR's (1640 - 1807).

You can access them from ............... http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=8020 ... From drop down box on right side of page scroll down to 'York; Grinton in Swaledale 1640 - 1807'

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              thanx elaine, i pretty much know what i want, i was just looking forward to the actual images. i've been loving the harewood ones!

anne, i could have sworn they were there at some point. i made a note of the parishes of interest, so when i got access to the collection i knew exactly what to look at! i think im going insane......
              Oh where did you find the Harewood ones please ancestry or the other ???
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
                Oh where did you find the Harewood ones please ancestry or the other ???
                Hi Harewood All Saints are on Ancestry; hope this link works! http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/reccol/default

Scroll down to West Yorkshire England, click on the collection you are interested in (BMD), and from the drop down box select Harewood

Comment

ah thank you susan. you can access the books on archive.org though, and the same transcripts are available from the yorkshire archaeological society. maybe ancestry will get around to the north west of yorkshire one day. it would be nice to have richmond and grinton!

Comment

Working...
                  X