Anywhere I can look ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anywhere I can look ?

My friend has got a James Cline from Hammersmith, where he spent the whole of his life as far as she can tell from the usual records. She does know that he used to play in an orchestra (though not which instrument or not which orchestra). We believe the orchestra may have been playing in Nottingham in May 1858. I'm going to see if I can find anything in the Notts Guardian, but can anyone suggest any other sources please....eg anything that could tell us which orchestra he played in ?

Did you know he was a victim of a robbery in 1858? If not, send me your email in a personal message and I'll send it to you.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Yes, thanks, keldon.....my ggg grandfather was one of the people who attacked him. Because he's described as a "musician" in the newspaper reports, we think there's a good chance it may be him. Whoever was the James Cline attacked in Nottingham, he doesn't appear on any of the Nottingham census records & we can only find 3 or 4 other James Clines (no other musicians....though perhaps it wasn't his main occupation when the census came round)....& none in the E Midlands

Comment

He could have been on tour with a concert party or something like that.
        Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X