FTM 2012 - Avanquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2012 - Avanquest

Have just had an email from Avanquest offering a 2012 upgrade for FTM for £19.99 and available now it seems

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

I see it only includes a one month Essential sub to Ancestry.
    I don't think sales will compare very well to the 2011 version which included the 6 months Premium sub!

So, is anyone going order it?
    Elaine

Comment

lol I've ordered it from TWR.... £19.95 (typical scot)....

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
      Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hope you got the additional £3 discount as well Raven - they've quoted me £16.95! ;)
        Elaine

Comment

lol yep

Raven's Wiki Page
          Raven's Family Tree

Comment

And did you go through topcashback??

Im not sure if I will get it yet. Ive still got another 2011 to activate for the 6 months premium sub. I should think more 2011 offers will come through now with may be the world wide sub thrown in (like the 2010 Im using now)

Comment

Think I might wait a while.
              Amazon have the 2012 Platinum edition for 47.99 pounds which appears to include a 6 month Premium sub (worth 53.70 pounds).
              Will be interesting to see what TWR offer it for!
              Elaine

Comment

Hi,
                Apart from the financial savings can I get your views on upgrading to FTM 2012 - I have FTM 2010.

It took me ages to move from FTM 2005 but now I am into the swing of things and fairly happy using 2010.
                Do you think there are any advantages to moving to 2012? Will I see any vast improvements etc?
                I do not have any public trees so the ability to synchronise to on-line trees is not an issue.
                I think I have just talked myself into staying with 2010 for the mean time!? - maybe!!!!!
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Folks, so have you now got 2012 installed and if so what it worth it.
                  What is the biggest benefit it gives you...

Comment

Hi, this is my first time on the forums. I've just installed FTM 2012. I'm having problems with the 14 days free access, you have to enter credit card details and if you forget to cancel at the end of the time they will bill you. I have world wide deluxe and they are offering UK heritage, I don't want to use it under these circumstances but I can't get rid of the offer or access any of the information unless I accept the offer. Have contacted them but what they suggested didn't work. So I'm paying for my subscription but can't use it.

Comment

How did you contact them? You generally get much a much better result/service with these sort of problems if you make a phone call to Ancestry rather than trying to contact FTM by message. There is a freephone number to use - on this link
                      http://ancestryuk.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

They are generally VERY helpful and can sort the problem over the phone.

.. and welcome to the forum, Tora. Let us know how you get on!
                      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for your concern Elaine. After 2 days this problem has rectified itself. I did ring Ancestry and they sent me an email with 4 steps to follow which I did, this may have fixed the problem but took 2 days to do it.

Tora

Comment

Had an update tonight for ftm2012, seems to be aimed at synch problems, hope it cures the couple I have had (not that its caused much problem) if it does will be very happy with this version

Comment

Hi
                            Just got FTM 2012 platinum edition for £29.99 at PC World

I think this great value as it includes 6 months premium subs for Ancestry.co.uk
                            Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X