Another pair eyes needed. please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pair eyes needed. please...

I have FINALLY found a chap who has eluded me for ages on the 1861 census,trouble is the image is not the best so I would appreciate another pair of eyes to check it out for me if possible...

1861 Census 10, Nottingham Road, Mansfield, Notts. RGo9 - 107 - 2429 - 76 page 21

John Wightman, head, Married, 3??, ( occupation is not clear ) b Notts Selston ???

Help !!!!

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

The occupation looks like commercial labeler. I think you're right that the place of birth is Selston.
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 25-09-11, 23:05.

Comment

No, sorry, how stupid, it's commercial traveler. I thought labeler sounded odd.

Comment

Thank you very much Mary...the confirmation of the town of Selston means that this is my missing chap...Yippee !!!! I now have to chase up the story of him becoming a bankrupt in 1861 !!!!!

Thank you again,
        Margaret.
        Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Definately Selston Margaret, and agree he was commercial traveller, and aged 38 (btw, Selston is only a small village) :smilee:

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X