I have given up.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have given up.........

in frustration trying to get onto the Gale newspaper site. I am a member of the National Library of Australia which I thought would give me access, but I am having no luck at all, although it does say that it has access. Grrrrrrrr

I was wondering if someone on FTF can access this site and could have a quick look for an obituary for me for a Charles Godolphin Graves who died in Saffron Waldon 1942.
    I am thinking that it may also be mentioned in a newspaper in Kingston on Thames, as he lived and worked there for many years as an Accountant and auditor.

Many thanks,

Unfortuantely 1942 is outside the date range of 19C newspapers.

I think access is via the library site. I'm a member of Cumbrian libraries and I originally had to access it via their site. Now I have a bookmarked page with a place to enter my library card number. The page says "Infotrac, Cumbria Libraries" on it.

If you are having trouble getting access I would question your library about it.

Anne

Comment

I may have misunderstood where you wanted to look, but I have checked the Times Digital Archive and there isn't an obituary for him there that I can see. [Charles Godolphin Graves, Charles Graves, Graves, Charles; all dates]

Carol

Comment

Thankyou Anne and Carol for your help. I must admit because his birth was in 1859 it didn't occur to me that his death in 1942 was out of the time frame for the Gale newspapers.

Next time I am down at our local library I will ask about the access.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X