William Thriepland/Thrupland 1851 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Thriepland/Thrupland 1851 Census

I am looking at William Thriepland/Thrupland(as ancestry has transcribed) abt1821

here he is on the 1851 Census with his wife, daughters, sister and brother. Can you make the brothers name out pls... I thought it was John(ancestry have him as Ine)

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=3041937

Thank you xxxx

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Not sure! It's presumably a shortened form of something but not sure if it is John, as the enumerator has written that out in full on the line below.
    I wondered if it could be Jnr. - although it looks more like Jno. - ? Jonathan
    Elaine

Comment

Looking at his other brothers...I think John is the only one that fits, cos the rest are in Scotland with his father on the 1851 Census but as you say the enumerator has written John out in full on the line below.... hmmmm unless there is another brother I havent come across.... lol

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
      Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hello Anne!

lovely to see you back and posting :smilee:

I think its Jonathan too.. deffo JNO,
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie, been a wee while...but got the bug back...lol

hmmm I dont have Johnathon for that family.... will have another look in family search.. thanks to both you and Elaine for looking xxxxxxxx

Raven's Wiki Page
          Raven's Family Tree

Comment

~~~to Anne..

more than a wee while.. but never the less is still lovely to have you back with the bug!!

re the unknown name, can you not do a parent search on LDS and come up with it that way?
            Julie

Comment

have tried that Julie but only come up with a few of the children..There are some I cant find anything for..

Thomas abt1838
              Alexander abt 1833
              Catherine(Katrine) abt 1836
              John abt 1839

have marriages and deaths for a couple of them but nothing else...

Raven's Wiki Page
              Raven's Family Tree

Comment

are you using the 'new' familysearch site (that is only extracted entries) ? or the old one (that has submitted entries in it)
                Julie

Comment

have tried using both... but will have another go on the older one... xxxxxxx

Raven's Wiki Page
                  Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Working...
                  X