Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having/had trouble registering FTM 2011 on Ancestry ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having/had trouble registering FTM 2011 on Ancestry ??

Anyone had problems registering FTM2011?
    I've just purchased FTM 2011 to get my 6 months subs, however no matter how many tries using my correct username and password it keeps coming up as not recognised. There is a supposed fix which you have to edit your registry on Win 7 but that doesn't work either.
    Any ideas anyone
    An extremeley P off L

There used to be a conflict with certain antivirus programs, particularly Norton, which caused problems with registering, although the problem doesn't seem to have been so prevalent lately.
    Which AV program do you use?
    Elaine

Comment

I'm using AVG Elaine, I've also changed the firewall so to let FTM through
      L

Comment

Try phoning Ancestry.

That 's what I did when my free 6 months' access showed up as 3 months...they sorted it straight away.

(Check to make sure you get the full 6 months too!)

Comment

Now sorted, rang them and they did there and then without wanting confirmation of my purchase of FTM 2011 (easy way to get free membership?) They explained they were having with the software ! selling duff software eh?
          Anyway I now can continue my searches (except Irish BMD see my post research)
          L

Comment

This is the first time I have answered anything like this so hope I get it right. I bought and installed FTM 2011 on the 9th September 2011 everything was ok until Thursday 22 when I could not get on line. I tried unistalling reinstalling no good. I rang on the free phone number was advised to upload to Ancestry.co.uk not a lot of help with the problem. Anyway 3 days and numerous calls later it would appear that there is a problem in that we cant log on through FTM 2011 from the uk. While help and technical were very polite they have no idea when it will be corrected. Nice to have a program 2 weeks old that wont work properly. Not sure if this helps.

Comment

When I did phone them they explained the problem as micksalvo states when you are using FTM you can't go go into Ancestry from the FTM screen, complete waste of money for a bug ridden software package
              L

Comment

Are you saying that when you click on the hints in FTM (green leaves) you are not connecting with the matching records on Ancestry?
                Elaine

Comment

That's it Elaine, when you try that it up comes up with a registration screen, I enter my correct details then the box changes to Red and states my details are incorrect. This is the bug they know about
                  L

Comment

Ah right, so it's not a web search bug as such - it's just the initial registration of the software.
                    I presume once you have sorted the registration the web search (green leaf hints) work OK.
                    Elaine

Comment

That problem still exists in the 2012 version so they have not fixed it.
                      Terry Kealey Searching Kealey - Waddell - Sargent - White

Comment

No problem here. I have Windows 7, Avast Antivirus and use Windows Firewall. Bought FTM 2011 with 6 months free. Software installed without a hitch. Clicked on web search and connected to Ancestry immediately. Quick phone call when my old subscription expired and seemless continuation of membership.
                        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

The same thing is happening to me with the 2012 version

Comment

I updated my FTM 2009 to 2011, registered it with no problem and all the 'hint leaves' etc work fine.
                            I really suggest the 'bug' is their end, it is too easy to blame the software when people don't understand what is actually happening.

Researching:
                            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                              I updated my FTM 2009 to 2011, registered it with no problem and all the 'hint leaves' etc work fine.
                              I really suggest the 'bug' is their end, it is too easy to blame the software when people don't understand what is actually happening.
                              As the message boards are full reporting the bugs in the software and especially relating to the problem I've highlighted then I think your quote above "it is too easy to blame the software when people don't understand what is actually happening" is way off the mark and totally uncalled for.

How do you know I don't understand what is happening? How are you able to make that judgement? You don't know me from Adam less you know about my computer/software savvy, so please keep your responses to the matter in hand and don't judge people you don't know.

L

Comment

I have tried every option includng, clean boot, changing registry, closing firewall and I still cannot register, access ancestry or search ancestry through FTM 2012 even though I can log into Ancestry by the regular way. Still getting incorrect nameéépassword through the program.

Comment

I have just been reading some of the queries on the FTM message boards concerning the registration problems.

At one point FTM/Ancestry confirmed that there has been a problem with the server which deals with the registrations - and from comments made it seems that over the last day or two they have resolved the issue with registrations for 2010/2011 versions of the program. I couldn't see anything about the problems for the 2012 version having been resolved so I don't know if that has been covered as well, but it might be worth trying again.
                                  Elaine

Comment

Where do i find the FTM message boards?

Comment

This is the one that seems to be the one most people use now:

but you will also find some others on this page

- scroll down for the page for the Family Tree Maker section.

On both of these links is a chap called Russ Worthington who seems to be one of the "resident experts" - he is generally very helpful with any problem you might have.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                      X