Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861 1871 1881 1911 census

Hi all

I am having so much trouble finding an ancestor in the above censuses.

Thomas Arthur Page born 1861 in Buckinghamshire.

In 1890 his marries Alice Louisa Willis b.1865.

I have him in the 1891 census with Alice and 1 child Thomas b1831.

1901 he is again with Alice, and 4 children Thomas, Lilian b.1887, George b.1899 and Albert b.1901.

1911 I have Alice with Lilian, George and 1 more child Alice b.1908. She is listed as married however and not as a widow, but I can't for the life of me find him in the 1911 census.

I also cannot find him in the 1861, 1871 or 1881 census.... I haven't been able to find a baptism record to get the names of his parents... So I have hit a brick wall!!

Can anyone help??

(Hope my post made sense!!!)
    Lauren =)

Poss baptism on the LDS pilot site
    Thomas Arthur Page bap 3rd Feb 1861 Hillesden Bucks, parents John & Eleanor.
    Moggie

Comment

I don't know if you have the marriage certificate for Thomas Page and Alice Wills - but if not it is available on Ancestry.
      Gives Thomas' father as Thomas, occ. labourer (deceased). Not a lot of help!
      Elaine

Comment

He also shows up on the pilot site re 1911 census living
        Banbury, Swalcliffe,Wroxton, Oxfordshire.
        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
          Moggie
          There is another Thomas Page born in 1861 in Bucks... this is him. I have followed him throughout the census and he is not my Thomas unfortunately.
          Lauren =)

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            I don't know if you have the marriage certificate for Thomas Page and Alice Wills - but if not it is available on Ancestry.
            Gives Thomas' father as Thomas, occ. labourer (deceased). Not a lot of help!
            Thanks Elaine, I hadn't seen this no!! This is more info than I've had before though!
            Lauren =)

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
              Moggie
              That one can be followed on the census right through to 1891, still living at home.
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenS1990 View Post
                Thanks Elaine, I hadn't seen this no!! This is more info than I've had before though!
                Here's the link
                Elaine

Comment

Just checked out the one living Banbury 1911 & it's not him, sorry.
                  Moggie

Comment

There is a Thomas Page born c 1854 Great Hampden in the 1861 census - parents Thomas (ag. lab) and Emilia.
                    I wonder if he knocked a few years off his age!
                    Having problem following this one through the census though.

1861 census
                    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

1871 census - same family but Thomas not there
                    Elaine

Comment

How strange, I was just looking at the same family in 1881.
                      I don't know how I can determine if it is definitely him? So annoying.
                      Lauren =)

Comment

Just following through with the parents from that census - Thomas & Amelia.
                        From freeBMD looks as if they died in 1883 and 1885 respectively, Wycombe registration district.
                        - so at least that Thomas fits in with being deceased by the time Thomas and Alice married in 1891 - although it still doesn't mean it's the right one!
                        Elaine

Comment

I have also researched a Thomas Page, one born in "America" in 1838.

His family were back in Warwickshire by 1841 and remained there. It was reasonably easy to find him in all the census because of his birthplace, but was once transcribed as PAYE and his brother is listed as PUGH, but I think that was because he was just a lodger.

PAGE is such a hard name to google !!!

Di
                          Diane
                          Sydney Australia
                          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
                          X