Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed to try and find a death certificate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to try and find a death certificate.

Hello there ladies and gents.

I have been searching high and low for my great, great uncle Namely Alexander McNeil Macintyre. He was born on 31st January 1893 in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland. He went to "do his bit" for his country and came out of the army after the armistice. The next he turns up is when he is on his way from Liverpool > New York. Then nothing until 1924 when he marries Agnes Ferguson Weir in Wentworth, Ontario, Canada. Again there is nothing on him until 1929 when he becomes a US national, at this time he is living in Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA. I cant find him on any census information. I can't find any death certificates. I have hit a brick wall. If anyone could help I would be grateful.

Thanks, David.

List of documents I already have: His Birth Certificate, 1911 Census, His Medal Cards, his travel list to New York, His marriage Certificate and his Naturalization in america.

Hi David, Welcome to FTF.
    When did Alexander travel to NY? Just trying to get a fix on when he might appear in any census. Have you looked on the Reference pages on this site - there is a section on Canada research and there might be some sites you haven't seen before.
    Margaret

Comment

I assume that you have him with his parents in 1901 - is it him with parents John and Georgina at 7 Eglington St??
      Wrong census - see later post #8
      Last edited by herky; 21-09-11, 18:00.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I have found a death of an Alexander Macintyre, married to an Agnes, but it doesn't quite fit.
        The year of birth is out but the man is listed a b in Ayrshire.
        Are you certain of the date of birth? oopps - just notice that you have his birth cert so I must be on the wrong track.
        Edit - to add - this death is also in Wentworth, where he married - so I have an Alexander Mcintyre, born in Ayrshire, death in Wentworth, married to an Agnes - spooky!
        By the way - do you know his occupation?
        Last edited by herky; 21-09-11, 17:21.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I have now viewed his Naturalization record and he arrived in US in 1921, witnesses to the doc are Holdens!
          So he wouldn't be in any US censuses before that.
          Please excuse my ramblings - just trying to work through this............
          herky

Comment

looks like they had at least one child. See this obituary:
            "Dr. Macintyre was born Nov. 28, 1930, in Kenosha, Wis., to Alexander Macintyre and Agnes Weir Macintyre. He married Elizabeth Hamilton on Aug. 18, 1994, in Scotland. "
            Phil
            historyhouse.co.uk
            Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Now this gets strange as the death I found had the wife as Agnes Hamilton?
              I still can't see the connection though????
              herky

Comment

Sorry - now I have found the correct 1901 census - he is listed as Alexander Mcreil Mcintyre.
                Parents James and Sarah
                herky

Comment

Yes Herky his parents are James and Sarah, Could you link me to that guy who died in Wentworth? also, Thanks for all the help. If you wish me to upload anything I would be happy to do so edit- Yes on his marriage Certificate it says he was a "car assembler" and Agnes was "Shop Assistant"
                  Last edited by David Nisbet; 21-09-11, 18:16.

Comment

I will be in touch with the death in Wentworth - but he is a plasterer.
                    herky

Comment

Hey there. It's a possibility.. Would you like me to upload anything? We have one solitary picture which my grandmother was told was him but we aren't sure.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

There is an entry on the 1930 US census for
                        Allie Mcintyre, born c 1893 Scotland - occupation Wire (?) Rope Mill
                        Spouse - Mancy Mcintyre born c 1899 Scotland (image could be Nancy)

address: Kenosha, Wisconsin

Year of immigration
                        Allie - 1921
                        Mancy - 1925

Written up the side of the page is the no. 14 - not sure if it is 14th Avenue (hopeful!)
                        The naturalisation record showed address as 14th Avenue

The link for anyone with Ancestry worldwide ..
                        Elaine

Comment

Elaine, Alexander was married in 1924 to a lady named Agnes Ferguson Weir. Mary, his middle name was McNeil so I am doubtful that is him as he had his own house when he became a natural as the witnesses lived round the corner from him.

Comment

Quick mail - I have an Agnes on my tree who was known as Nancy!
                            herky

Comment

Her birth year is about 1899 im not 100% on the day or month though.. Also, Thanks for the tip about agnes' being "Nancy"

Comment

An old thread ...
                                Elaine

Comment

Anyone having any luck finding a death certificate for Alexander or Agnes?

Comment

Originally posted by David Nisbet View Post
                                    .... as he had his own house when he became a natural as the witnesses lived round the corner from him.
                                    According to the naturalisation document on Ancestry, Alexander lived at 3220 - 14th Avenue, and the Holdens lived at 4033 Sheridan Road.
                                    Is Sheridan Road around the corner from 14th Avenue??
                                    Elaine

Comment

Well by "round the corner" it was close enough haha. I checked on Google Maps.

Comment

Working...
                                      X