Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primitive Methodist Minister in NSW

Hi

Im doing a family tree for a friend and she has a minister, whose eldest children were born in NSW. Im sure i have read or heard something about methodist ministers in NSW but i cannot think what it might be? the eldest child was born in 1867. is there anywhere online i can look for more info?

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Have you tried the NSW BDM indexes for births ? THey are online for free
    The Registry was formed in 1856 to register life events in New South Wales accurately and securely for all time, ensuring their integrity and confidentiality. All our over the counter services are available at Service NSW centres.

If you are after information on the Methodist Minister, the Uniting Church of Australia at North Parramatta may hold the archives of the methodists.
    Will check for website

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

If he did something interesting he might have got a mention in the papers. Try Trove (can't remember the url).
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Here's Trove:

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi again

This is the link to the Uniting Church Archvies - they have some info on-line and they are quite helpful if you write to them. I wrote to them snail mail long before email became to prevalent and they were really helpful.

Happy hunting

Diane
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
          X