John Whiles Nottingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Whiles Nottingham

Could I please have a bit of help with this death please.

My John Whiles was born Nottingham 1830, married Mary Dummelow in 1850 and had 4 children Thomas born Dummelow in 1848, James 1850, Jane 1853 and William 1857.

He then seems to be living with Eliza Draper and children Eliza 1858-1879, Herbert 1869 and George 1872.

He marries Eliza in 1900 and she dies in 1907 and John registers her death.

I sent for a death cert for John Wiles died 30 jan 1912 aged 75 and the informant was his grand daughter Alice Haywood living at 9 Conisborough Terrace. He was living at 19 carter gate.

With great difficulty I have found the 1911 census on Ancestry and Alices husband is William Haywood aged 41 and she is aged 41. Married 21 years and 3 children oldest 19.

Also found John as John Wilds and he is a widower aged 77 and FWK living with Albert Rayns and he is an eating house keeper so looks like lodgings

Struggling to find the connection. There is a William Haywood marriage to Alice Etches in 1899 and Jane Whiles married Richard Etches (Eatch) but I don't think it is that marriage.

Even if he isn't my John Whiles there has to be a connection some where.

Sorry to ramble but trying to add all the facts.

Thank you
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Back to add a bit more.

1901 has William J and Alice and he is born Salterwood Derbys. This looks more as though it is William John and Alice Gertrude Barnatt who married in 1893 Nottingham. Still none the wiser at the moment.

The first one I was looking at was William and Alice Elizabeth Etches but seems she was born 1880.

Back to the drawing board.
    Lin

Comment

Likely marriage?

Marriages Q/E Sep 1889 Nottingham

Harriet BEMBRIDGE
      James CRAGG
      Willie HAYWOOD
      Alice WILES
      Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie

I will see if I can find them on any census and see if any Alices Wiles born 1870 as per 1911 census
        Lin

Comment

That's them as Willie born Salterwood Derbys and no children.
          Lin

Comment

Right

Found Alice Wiles on 1871 census with John and Elizabeth Wiles. He is aged 36 so looks as if it might be his death, not the one I want but he would have been her father not Grandfather??
            Lin

Comment

Working...
            X