Criminal cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal cases

Have found 2 cases on Ancestry that accused has same name (not a common name would think) as on my wife's tree, Sands Read both in Northampton, not sure how to find out if there is any more info available to see if there is a connection to 2 people on wife's tree.
    One is
    Class: HO 27; Piece: 75; Page: 43
    Source Information:
    Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Criminal Registers, 1791-1892 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors.
    Original data:

other is

Source Citation: Class: HO 27; Piece: 189; Page: 323
    Source Information:
    Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Criminal Registers, 1791-1892 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors.
    Original data:

Would love to know what last word is in offence col. in second one " Attempted unnatural offence with a ? "

I'd say a Cow.
    I presume you've found him in the prison.
    Last edited by keldon; 17-09-11, 17:59.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I have recently found an ancestor who has a criminal record. My best source of information came from newspaper reports of the case and family members were mentioned.
      This helped to confirm the person was my family.
      My case was in the early 1830's.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by keldon View Post
        I'd say a Cow.
        I presume you've found him in the prison.
        http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=16791056
        No had not found that, thank you so much its the right birth place and at that time a very small village, but that Sands seems to be another one was unaware off, bit more info to look into

Comment

Oh dear, Id not be happy to find that offence!

Comment

Working...
          X