Miriam...1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miriam...1901

Hi, Miriam Tishman married in Manchester in 1906 to Phillip Black. She passed away aged 33 in 1919, Prestwich, and is buried in the old Blackley Jewish Cemetery. She was born around 1886 and her father was Abraham a.k.a Arieh. The way the wording appears on her gravestone, it sounds like he wasn't alive in 1919. Can anyone see Miriam and perhaps her father in 1901? (Many thanks to Wallaby for locating Miriam's gravestone for me, not an easy task!)

When Miriam married, the address for her and Phillip was 15 Cotham Street, Cheetham. Her father was named as Abraham Lewis Tishman, general dealer.
    Last edited by naomiatt; 16-09-11, 03:31.

nope, cant see anything like, sorry
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I can't see her or Abraham on any census at all.
      Margaret

Comment

I haven't been able to find anything else for her prior to the marriage. If I've got the right person, Phillip is Russian so Miriam might have immigrated as well. It might be worth looking at the 1911 to see her birth place - I'm afraid I don't have access.
        Jackie

Comment

Nor me!
          Elaine

Comment

Here she is with her husband in 1911

BLACK, Philop Head Married M 34 1877 Cap Maker Russia Resident
            BLACK, Miriam Wife Married 5 years F 26 1885 Russia Resident
            BLACK, Aaron Son Single M 1 (18 MONTHS) 1910 Lancs Salford Manchester
            SINDLER Boarder Widow F 50 1861 Russia Poland Residnet
            Reference: RG14PN24172 RG78PN1388 RD467 SD1 ED2 SN191

Registration District: Prestwich Sub District: Cheetham Enumeration District: 2 Parish: North Manchester

Address: 8 Townley St Cheetham County: Lancashire

Comment

Thanks for looking everyone and also for the 1911 info....hmmm...Miriam married Philip Black on 11th March, 1906 in Mancs. Philip's father was Isaac Black, a clothes dealer, and Philip was a cap maker. He was 28, a bachelor, so born around 1878. Can anyone see a likely match for Philip and poss his father in 1901? The marriage info doesn't say if Isaac Black or Abraham Tishman were alive or not.

Comment

i would think they arrived in england between 1901 and 1906 naomi.

Comment

Here is the family in 1891
                  Issac Black head 53 b Russia occ Tailor
                  Yetta Black wife 50 b Russia
                  Annie Black dau 23 b Russia
                  Sam Cohen son 22 b Russia tailor
                  Philip Black son 20 b Russia cap maker
                  Hyman Cohen nephew 18 b Russia cap maker
                  Myer Briel boarder 20 b Russia joiner
                  Abraham Crook boarder 22 b Russia joiner
                  Hyman Black son 8 b Russia
                  Janney Black dau 13 b Russia
                  Hyman Hern nephew 9/12 b Lancashire

ref RG12; Piece: 3263; Folio 43; Page 5; GSU roll: 6098373.

Comment

Here's Philip Black in 1901 RG13; Piece: 3767; Folio: 28; Page: 43. He's a boarder with Abraham Rosenstein & family

Comment

Here's his death
                      Philip Black
                      Birth Date: abt 1878
                      Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1956
                      Age at Death: 78
                      Registration district: Manchester Inferred County: Lancashire
                      Volume: 10e Page: 11

Comment

Isaac Black is here in 1901 RG13; Piece: 3725; Folio: 152; Page: 4.

Comment

Can't see Philip or his family in 1881 so they must have arrived between then and 1891.

Comment

Thinking of looking at the Hamburg Passenger Lists but need an idea of what the original name would assuming it wasn't Black.

Comment

Hello margaretmarch, wow, thank you..that's some great information..I've mentioned it to some others on here as well who were looking at a Sam Cohen and also someone with a marriage to a Black...I'm also trying to work out if Miriam belongs to me and how...cousin of my ggf perhaps, even a younger sibling..often T*ishman gets confused with F*ishman, but I've found nothing to the contrary at the moment..

Comment

Naomi,

I tried searching *ishman, but still dint come up with much I'm afraid.
                                Julie
                                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                  I tried searching *ishman, but still dint come up with much I'm afraid.
                                  Not even one of my thousands of Lishmans?
                                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Uncle John, I found my ggm's records at a cemetery under Fishman...but the stone was correct with the T...and I thought I had problems with my T and F's!

Comment

Thanks for looking Julie. Margaretmarch, in 1901 for Isaac, does that provide an address? or is it a death entry? I don't subscribe to see the full information. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                                        Thanks for looking Julie. Margaretmarch, in 1901 for Isaac, does that provide an address? or is it a death entry? I don't subscribe to see the full information. Thanks.
                                        The address is 36 Marlborough Road, Broughton Salford and this is the family
                                        Samuel Black 38 head occ cap presser b Russia Naturalised British Subject
                                        Sophia Black 37 wife b Russia Naturalised
                                        Reuben Black 10 b Manchester
                                        Judah Black 8 son b Manchester
                                        John Black 6 son b Manchester
                                        Hyman Arrons 25 brother in law occ cap cutter b Russia
                                        Annie Arrons 22 sister in law occ cap machinist b Russia
                                        Isaac Black 60 father occ second hand clothes dealer b Russia

Comment

Working...
                                        X