Baptisms in St. Martins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptisms in St. Martins?

Am trying to find the parents of Bartlett Bennet b.1845 in St. Martins, according to Free BMD.

As he is not a direct ancestor am trying to find the information the 'cheap skate' way rather than send to the GRO for the Birth Certificate.

Thought I would ask you clever people before I 'splash the cash' as the saying goes!

Lesley

Did he marry Letitia Carter on 26th Nov 1868 at Breinton, Hertfordshire? If this was him then his father was listed as Bartlett Bennett.LDS pilot site.

Moggie

Comment

Moggie.

Yes, that is him! I don't suppose there was a mention of the mothers name then! Oh, well, that's a start

The problem I am having is that he does not show up and the 1851 or 1861 with his parents at all. He was obviously 'farmed' out for some unknown reason!

Lesley

Comment

The info comes from the marriage certificate which wouldn't mention mother's names. I saw that he was a visitor in 1851 & a pupil in 1861 & by 1871 he was married. I thought his parents might have been a Richard & Elizabeth who also had children baptised with Bartlett as a second christian name but finding the marriage info disproves this idea.
        Moggie

Comment

Working...
        X