Wiltshire BMD events 1700s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiltshire BMD events 1700s

Does anyone have any transcriptions for Wiltshire BMD events who would be willing to do some lookups please? Alternatively are there any websites that have this data?

A friend is looking for a family surname Broad from Wiltshire and needs to confirm some names and dates she has been given by others.

Margaret

i guess if she knows where in wiltshire she could find parish registers on discs. there may be something on freereg. possibly a historical society?

Comment

Quite a few Wiltshire baptisms on FMP - this link should take you to the page which shows coverage
      Findmypast help centre can support with your account, using the site and finding genealogy resources with step-by-step guides and frequently asked questions
      Elaine

Comment

Margaret,

Don't laugh, but I recently purchased via a Bootsale, some Baptism and Burial records published by Wiltshire Family History Society! There is a baptism record for Sara Broads on 17th December 1738 d/o John and Bridgett! The baptisms are for Winterbourne Monkton.

Is this any help to your friend?

Lesley

Comment

Thanks everyone. I shall look into all your suggestions.

Punches Mum - I'll check with my friend and get back to you.

Margaret

Comment

I have baptisms for parishes south and east of Devizes - is that of any use to you?

Comment

Anything suitable on the Internet Archive website - http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...shire%20parish
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                Does anyone have any transcriptions for Wiltshire BMD events who would be willing to do some lookups please? Alternatively are there any websites that have this data?

A friend is looking for a family surname Broad from Wiltshire and needs to confirm some names and dates she has been given by others.

Margaret
                Here are some wills of people with the surname Broad:

Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
                X