Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with last UK address-what does this stand for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with last UK address-what does this stand for?

I've got a passenger list for a family(Cecil and Constance Danielsen and 3 members of the Clark family) leaving UK on 24/8/1934 to travel back to Canada but I'm confused by the "last UK address column" because it just has c/o CPR Rotterdam Holland for all of the family. Does anyone know what this stands for ? Cecil and Constance had arrived in UK in July 1934 from Canada.I'm not quite sure yet if the Clark family are related ?

Thanks for looking

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

It looks like a lot of people on this passenger list are listed as care of C.P.R. As the Steamship Line is Canadian Pacific, I wonder if that is what the C.P. part stands for. Maybe the address just refers to where they bought their tickets or who arranged their travel? Some other passengers are listed as c/o Thomas Cook - presumably who they booked their trip with.

Kirsty

Comment

Isn't that odd Kirsty and I wonder why Rotterdam Holland when they came from Canada ?
      Thanks for your input

Liz

Comment

Maybe the ship originated in Rotterdam and collected passengers enroute ie London/Liverpool to Canada.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Think CPR stands for Canadian Pacific Railway, çause I think the CPR used to run the shipping runs as well as the railways.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

thanks David and JBee

that could be the explanation for the CPR and Rotterdam. I just hadn't seen that before !

Liz

Comment

Working...
            X