Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone purchased credits from Rootsireland.ie website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone purchased credits from Rootsireland.ie website?

Im thinking about getting a baptism from this website which costs 5 pounds but not sure if the website payment is secure. Has anyone had any experience with them?
    Cheers
    Kerri

I purchased two certs - no problems with the transaction, but the certs weren't for the people I was hoping

is it not an https site?

Comment

Did the certs come in the mail? Do you know if there is any extra costs when sent to Australia? Or can you just download it straight from website?
      Thanks
      Kerri

Comment

Have you tried:

www.findmypast.ie

This site is fast becoming a very good site which could be cheaper and more reliable than rootsireland. You can do an initial search for free and I have found a few like that. Not all records are on rootsireland, mine included.

Janet

Comment

Have you looked on here to see if the record is included yet?

This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

They came online, via email, I believe.

also check familysearch. they have many of the civil reg indexes, and some transcribed/indexed some actual civil reg's (sounds like the same thing, but it's not!)

Comment

Kerri,

You did say Baptism, so are we to assume you mean Irish Parish records pre 1864 (RC) 1845 for protestant marriages or civil BMD after 1864?

If you do mean baptisms before 1864 then Family Search will be of little use to you for Ireland as most of the Irish records on Family Search are after 1864.

Janet

Comment

Yes the baptism is in Irish Parish records in 1848.

Comment

It's free to look in Familysearch, and they do have some pre-1864 records . . . It's also worth checking the FHL catalog to see what records they have that might not yet be indexed.

Comment

Working...
                  X