1837 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1837 ?

Re my Charles Chandler again.........and looking for his death, the closest possible reference which I have discovered is for one....

Charles Peter Chandler death: June q. 1863 Liverpool. 8b 227, Age 26. which would corrolate with the birth in 1837.

As he was baptised on 14/5/1827.........this puts his birth a month or two before the birth register was up and running, so no chance of getting a birth cert to confirm.

However, it may be possible that 'Peter' could have been a confirmation name........would you agree, and if he was yours, and you had no other means of finding out for sure....would you settle for this death.......or at least keep it on record.

It would make so much sense as he married in 1860, some 3 yrs prior to his death and we have never found any trace of him or his wife after this date.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I think it's the closest I'm going to get.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

I think jen that the only way you will find out will be to get the death cert and hopes that the wife registered the death. If you arent going to buy the cert, then at least keep this on the back boiler (or add it to your FH notes that you have found this death and atm is the only pausible one)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes that's what I'm doing Julie, and I'm sure you're right about the death cert. It would confirm it once and for all. Many thanks for that....again something I had overlooked.
      Jen

Comment

no probs just wish I could see anything that might help you, but, not having much success atmo. Do you think that cos you can't find Jane/Chas on the census that Jane might have died and Chas remarries?

or IF that is Charles death, then maybe Jane remarries?
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-09-11, 13:48.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I did consider same Julie but have not found a second marriage for him. Also looked for a possible second marriage for Jane too but no luck. And if they both died within 2 or 3 yrs of their marriage, there may be no likelihood of issue. Never found a death for Jane either so far......which might suggest that they could have emigrated. Also searched a few American and Canadian sites without success.
          Jen

Comment

I don't think confirmation names are usually given in the C of E, but anyone can add a middle name, and it was quite commonly done.

Comment

Well I don't know if he was name Charles Peter or if it was given as a Confirmation name Mary, as I can't get a birth cert for him. And on all other references to him which are the 1841 /51/ census' and his wedding cert, there is no mention of the name Peter.
              Jen

Comment

As a matter of interest, where did you find the death reference? I can only find a Charles Chandler, who died in the 1st quarter of 1863, in the FreeBMD death index, not a Charles Peter in the 2nd quarter.

Comment

How strange, I've found it now, on FMP. No sign of it on FreeBMD.

It doesn't give his age, though - where did that come from? I'm wondering if it's correct, because a Charles Peter Chandler was born in Liverpool in 1860.
                  Last edited by Mary from Italy; 13-09-11, 14:52.

Comment

Turned it up on GRO deaths Mary. I know, that's what bugs me some times it's on one but not another....???
                    Jen

Comment

I edited post #9 before you answered - where did you find the age at death? It isn't in the GRO index.

Comment

Yes definately from GRO Mary plus another death ref for a Charles Chandler GRO March q. 1863 Liverpool. 8b 93 but there is no age on this one, so we can't be sure which one if any, may be ours. Is that the one you have Mary?
                        Jen

Comment

have you looked in the liverpool burials for him?

Comment

Yes I have Kyle, no luck there either.
                            Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                              Yes definately from GRO Mary
                              I don't quite see how you could have the age unless you have the death cert, which I understood you didn't. I checked the image of the GRO index on FMP, and it doesn't give the age, which is normal, because the age wasn't given in the GRO death index until 1866 if I remember rightly.

plus another death ref for a Charles Chandler GRO March q. 1863 Liverpool. 8b 93 but there is no age on this one, so we can't be sure which one if any, may be ours. Is that the one you have Mary?
                              Yes, I found that one too.

Comment

I will have to check this with my cousin then Mary, she passed on the reference for this particular one and is always very thorough with her research, so I don't have the answer as yet, I will contact her tomorrow to confirm one way or the other and come back soon as. Many thanks for all your input Mary and to all.
                                Jen

Comment

Extract from info sent me...........

However, I did find this & suspect it could be our Charles:-
                                  GRO Death ref: Jun Qtr 1863/Liverpool/8b/227 Charles Peter Chandler aged 26yrs (this would make his year of birth circa 1837 - which ties in for his baptism date of 14 May 1837.) Maybe, "Peter" could be a confirmation name???
                                  Jen

Comment

I think she must have misread the entry somehow; you can find the image of the GRO index here:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/records/england-and-wales/details/D/21442533?rT=ALL&e=D&sn=chandler&fns=charles peter&snNXF=true&fnNXF=true&mnNXF=true&fnS=M&rC=16
                                    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 13-09-11, 23:56.

Comment

Thanks Mary, either that or she has calculated the age from the birth and death yrs....yet I can't imagine why.
                                      Jen

Comment

Perhaps she looked at that death, thought it was a possible, and made a note alongside the GRO reference of what the age would have been if the 1837 baptism was correct.

Then she came back to it sometime later, and thought the age she'd noted was actually part of the GRO reference, forgetting she'd calculated it herself.

Comment

Working...
                                        X