Ancestry 'Old Search'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry 'Old Search'

Please can someone help me with Ancestry?

Until a few days ago my Ancestry page always opened on 'Old Search', for the past few days it has defaulted to 'new Search'. It's such an inconvenience as I much prefer the old search. Try as I may I cannot tweak it to default to the old search page.

Many thanks.

Susan

Susan go onto search all records from your tree page and over in right hand corner you will see go to old search click onto that ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi Borobabs,

Yes, that does work but it still defaults to new search, e.g. I leave Ancestry and later return and it goes back to opening on 'new search'. This didn't used to happen last week.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
        Hi Borobabs,

Yes, that does work but it still defaults to new search, e.g. I leave Ancestry and later return and it goes back to opening on 'new search'. This didn't used to happen last week.
        Guess its a cunning plan to get you to use the new search...
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Are you opening Ancestry from your favourites? Just a thought but you could try getting the old search page up and then save that into your favourites. Don't know if that will work but worth a try
          Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            Guess its a cunning plan to get you to use the new search...
            I did suspect you were right, darksecretz......................until I read Night Owl's reply.

We know how devious Ancestry can be (sometimes), to be fair to them [Ancestry] I wouldn't swap their search page, I have sub's with FMP also, but do mostly use Ancestry as I find it more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
              Are you opening Ancestry from your favourites? Just a thought but you could try getting the old search page up and then save that into your favourites. Don't know if that will work but worth a try
              Hi Night Owl,

Now why didn't I think of that? Thank you so much. Saving 'Old Search' to favourites has worked, and can't tell you how grateful I am.

From one very happy bunny, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted :smilee: brilliant idea Jackie!!
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Pleased it worked

I know how annoyed I would be if I had to use new search all the time
                  Jackie

Comment

Working...
                  X