Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIND MY PAST Free Trial - excludes 1911 census access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIND MY PAST Free Trial - excludes 1911 census access?

I have signed up for the 14 day free trial and none of my 1911 searches on FMP have been successful...even where I have put in the exact details of 1911 census for someone I have obtained from them before.

Looks like it was too good to be true - 1911 is probably excluded from the 14 day free trial but they don't make that obvious. Unless I missed something...

Is it me??
    Liz

Should be there.

Sign up today and try findmypast FREE for 14 days. Your free trial includes access to our Foundation package which comprises:

The complete 1841-1911 census collection for England and Wales
    Most complete birth, marriage and death indexes (1837-2006) online
    Our overseas BMD records 1761-2005
    BMDs at sea 1854-1890
    Online help and advice
    Customer support with your account

Elaine

Comment

How strange, Elaine...thanks for checking it out for me. It is just not showing people I know to be alive in 1911 and the one person I have obtained 1911 census from them before...

Back to the drawing board...
      Liz

Comment

Sometimes when using the FMP search you have to be selective in the information you put in. Really keep it to the basics to start with. I rarely use the Advanced Search option.
        Do you want me to double check for you - if so either post or pm the detaills and I'll take a look.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - will have another go...and let you know .
          Liz

Comment

i was having trouble opening the images yesterday, they were working fine then all of a sudden there was this error. i wonder if it's got something to do with the census searches? are they having any troubles at the moment?

Comment

They did have some problems, and left a message on Facebook yesterday morning UK time:
              findmypast.com
              We've managed to fix the census print versions, as of 7am this morning. Apologies to those of you who have been having problems with them.

Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

sweet! thanx for that caroline!

Comment

I have followed Elaine's advice and put absolute minimum info in such as not the middle name and getting somewhere.
                  Rushing off thread to see if can get some more 1911s...It isn't let me access the full military records just giving the minimum but am glad to have the free trial....
                  Liz

Comment

I have followed Elaine's advice and put absolute minimum info in such as not the middle name and getting somewhere.
                    If you want to include a middle name or initial you MUST use the advanced search.

scuda
                    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Thanks scuda. I find now if I go first into the 1911 census option and then click on search by name, it comes up nil every time. If I just put in a name on the Home Page for open search, I found all the ones I am looking for.

However, some images are not downloading to my puter so am leaving them for another day. I don't find FMP very user friendly as you can't filter search by adding birthplace and where residing like on Ancestry...

I am getting genealogy bottom and worn out hands with typing up all the new info at my desk .
                      Liz

Comment

liz you can do address searches on fmp. and if you have a name, you can put in a town name in the person search box.

most of the census is searchable by birthplace too. though you need to view the transcript first before you get the image to double check.

Comment

thanks kyle...
                          Liz

Comment

Working...
                          X