Coastguard records c1940-1950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastguard records c1940-1950

Does anyone know where I can find records for someone who served as a Coastguard at Tynemouth sometime between 1940 and 1950?

I've searched the NA but not found anything and can't find anything of any use for Tynemouth itself.

Ive down loaded the service records for the T's but he's not there!

My Uncle Robert Charles Taylor (born 1898 Newport, Isle of Wight) was stationed at Tynemouth around those dates and died there in 1953. I would like to find his records if that's is possible.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

The brother of one of my ancestors was harbourmaster at Tynemouth, but that was in the 1870s.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Weren't Coast Guards employed by Customs and Excise at some point?

I'm sure we have seen a thread on here where some records were found - can't think where though so that's not much help!
      Margaret

Comment

We have a section on Coastguards on our Maritime History page. I have been following the links there, but just end up at the TNA where Wendy has been already. I did come across http://www.tynemouth-lifeboat.org/tag/coastguard/ - maybe they might keep some records there.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I did a google search and found this http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/UKCoastguards.html and this forum http://www.worldnavalships.com/forum...ead.php?t=1276
          which might be of help.
          Margaret

Comment

Just found another forum which might be useful Wendy -

Don't think it's in the reference library so will add it.
            Elaine

Comment

Been on all those sites and nothing! Thanks for looking anyway.
              Wendy

Comment

hi Wendy
                I do not know how you can obtain records, but I knew your uncle, as my father was stationed at tynemouth between 1949-1956
                his wife spent many hours in our house after your uncle died. your cousin Peter stayed at ours for a short period, before him and his mum moved back to the Isle of Wight.
                I lived at no 3 coastguard cottages, your uncle lived in No1

Brian

Comment

Have sent you a PM Brian.
                  Wendy

Comment

Isn't Family History amazing how it turns up people and information so unexpectedly, wonderful news for you both

Edna

Comment

Working...
                    X